Canyon Support still no better in 2017

What's the latest thoughts on Canyon UK Support behaviour? They made lots of noise in the media about improvements, but that was mainly related to their ordering system in Germany. I bought my second Canyon bike last year (Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2) and had brake-rub issues. The UK Service Centre were very unhelpful and - to cut a long story short - the saga cost me over £1000 for a new wheelset. I tried to claim costs, but failed. Actually, I did a full review of the issue at https://ahdgraham.blogspot.co.uk/201...-cf-slx-8.html
    Anyone else dealt with the Service Centre in the last year (2017/2018)?

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Ooooooh interesting, I know there were plenty of horror stories. With only one post, which rival bike company do you find employment with?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

lol Marty

No but I did extensively in 2015/16. It was dire, possibly, actually no, definitely the worst purchasing experience I've ever had, with one of the most expensive things I'll ever buy.
    A total shower of you know what.
    I'm glad a bit of time has passed since as I've forgotten most of it. TBH I've never really gelled with the bike, a lot of that was down to actual buying process itself, not good when you're parting with the best part of 4.5k (Aeroad)
    What got me at the time was just how tight they were, no real effort to keep me on board or sweeten up the whole miserable process.
    I think eventually they gave a me a pair of dura ace pedals gratis but by then I was totally over the whole thing (I think I had to wait 6 weeks for the free pedals as they were out of stock lol)
    I pity the guy who had to phone me to let me know about the wait for the pedals as he got the full toys out of pram experience.
    Weirdly I went back and bought another bike off them, the AL SLX, that went much smoother and is a belter of a bike. That was at the start of 2017 I think.
    Maybe it was a case of retail Stockholm syndrome?

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Figured man like Tungate would receive the bat call on this one!
    Last edited by The return of Marty Wild; 18th February 2018 at 8:46 AM.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    You should have just brought this little bike.

Specialized Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 Road Bike 2018
    Product ID: 72691

SRP: £45,991.00

"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!