Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Team Sky, Wiggo...

So, aside from the hilarity of MPs getting on their high horses about ethics, any thoughts on this?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43280081

Looks bleak for Froomey, in light of his ongoing case.

Also ramifications for Mo Farah, though the media is focusing on Wiggo.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Sky & BC are going to regret pissing Sutton off now. Anyone who didn't think there was something dodgy in the jiffy bag was deluded. There's still no proof it was Triamcinolone and they could accuse Sutton of lying to get revenge for being sacked but mud sticks. I really can't see Brailsford surviving this or Sky continuing to sponsor the team and BC's funding may be withdrawn. The end of a golden era for British cycling, still it was good while it lasted.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Yeah, definitely very fishy and there always will be given the lack of proof either way.

Not sure why BC would withdraw funding as Brailsford doesn't work for Team GB any more, just Sky - and they've just done pretty well at the track worlds.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    And how many other teams use this practice on a daily basis and there is no mention of them.

Its all well and good the UK going to town over these matters and having Parliamentary enquiries etc, but there is a trend to get the most out what they can legally and through just ruffling the edges in team sport.

You mean to tell me that Greg Van Art and Dom and The Italians don't do the same.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I'm still trying to work out how the USA killed us in the women's team pursuit with only 3 riders pretty much from the start......

The problem for Brailsford and Sky was the assertion that they were going to be different - turns out they haven't been. It seems that there's no evidence they broke any doping rules but they played the system to the maximum.

And that not Queensbury Rules is it.... Get a life you jumped up English do gooders - its called margins and everyone who is competitive uses them to the upmost edges.

It makes me sick to hear the wingers and Froome Haters go off on one when the Daily Fail makes another headline out of old Information and twists it a bit here and there to make a new story.

They don't print about the other riders who fail dope tests recently and then its all bypassed by the British Public who are up in arms about Sky.

ALL TEAMS do marginal gains and cutting it close to the Illegal.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Sky & BC are going to regret pissing Sutton off now. Anyone who didn't think there was something dodgy in the jiffy bag was deluded. There's still no proof it was Triamcinolone and they could accuse Sutton of lying to get revenge for being sacked but mud sticks. I really can't see Brailsford surviving this or Sky continuing to sponsor the team and BC's funding may be withdrawn. The end of a golden era for British cycling, still it was good while it lasted.
    At least you're staying positive =)
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    I really can't see Brailsford surviving this or Sky continuing to sponsor the team and BC's funding may be withdrawn. The end of a golden era for British cycling, still it was good while it lasted.
    Why would Sky pull out?
    Astana are still going strong 11 years after Vinokurov was banned and he’s now Team Principal! A couple of years ago they had NINE riders banned for doping and they’re still around.
    Have Team Sky done anything illegal?
    Up to now no.
    All this focus on Sky/Wiggins/Froome is getting a bit boring now.All Teams push the rules to the limit,many actually break them but unless it’s Team Sky no one seems to care

On a side note - has anyone yet seen the now OSCAR WINNING doco called ICARUS about the cycle doping and Russian Olympic scandal.????
    Gene Simmons - Kiss