Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike Insurance

Bike Insurance

Decided i need to get me some, mainly to cover accidental damage and public liability.

I'm getting a lot of emails from pedalsure, who seem to offer a good policy and are underwritten by a reputable lloyds syndicate company.

Any other suggestions from you guys?

Join British cycling...basic membership ( about £35pa) covers you in the event of a crash ....but you can upgrade to cover your bike...personally I'm so careful with my bike the only place it can get stolen is from my house, so it's covered by the house insurance.
    in all tho I only got the basic cover because one of my riding buddy's a few years back crashed into a ambulance ...he said it was hassle getting compo...even tho the ambo admitted liadity!!.....if he had BC cover ,you can leave it to them to sort out!!

You can’t however claim against another British Cycling member.
    All my bikes are covered on home Insurance as named items and it costs £7pm.

+1 for the British Cycling recommendation. The liability cover and legal advice is good plus there's other perks. 10% off at Halfords is great as they can order stuff in, price match it and still get the discount.

I have my bike covered on the home contents. It covers quite a lot including accidental damage and loss including outside the house and away on holiday.

There's also Cycling UK (used to be CTC Cyclists Touring Club). Membership costs £45 and includes 3rd party liability insurance.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Looked into it a few times, always found it cost prohibitive. Third party cover probably is a good idea though.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    You can’t however claim against another British Cycling member.
    Really? I find that hard to believe. It means most of my club ain't covered against crashing into each other whilst out with the club....

My bad sorry!
    Just checked and you can’t claim against another member if it’s an organised event,TT,Race,Sportive etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    My bad sorry!
    Just checked and you can’t claim against another member if it’s an organised event,TT,Race,Sportive etc.
    I can understand the racing, but does it include Audax etc.? Pretty poor if non-competitive events are in the excluded list.

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    I can understand the racing, but does it include Audax etc.? Pretty poor if non-competitive events are in the excluded list.
    It says any organised event.
    Then reading this it does state BC Solicitors will not support legal action against ANY BC member.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/legalsupport
    Last edited by ibbo68; 28th March 2018 at 9:46 PM.