Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pembrokeshire - good roads/routes?

Going to Pembrokeshire for a couple of weeks, will be based around 10miles west of Tenby. I know we have at least a couple of people on the forum familiar with Pembrokeshire so any tips on some good roads/routes please?

(Yes Lataxe, I do have a map, yes I am capable of planning a route and also just winging it but sometimes it's nice to have a few pointers in the right direction. There - saved you 3 paragraphs of preamble before you answer (or not) the question

Quote Originally Posted by sakurasanta86 View Post
    (Yes Lataxe, I do have a map, yes I am capable of planning a route and also just winging it but sometimes it's nice to have a few pointers in the right direction. There - saved you 3 paragraphs of preamble before you answer (or not) the question
    Lataxe hasn't posted in months, so I think it unlikely he will reply to your post. A shame really, as he had a different and interesting view point on many subjects. I did not agree with him on some things, (e.g. Strava) but that did not mean I got cross about his views. I welcome diversity of perspective, otherwise we are all a bit the same.
    "I am not Colin"

Quote Originally Posted by sakurasanta86 View Post
    Going to Pembrokeshire for a couple of weeks, will be based around 10miles west of Tenby. I know we have at least a couple of people on the forum familiar with Pembrokeshire so any tips on some good roads/routes please?

Blatant plagiarism. I wrote this post last year http://forums.roadcyclinguk.com/show...d-roads-routes
    Honestly if you're going to spam, at least have the decency to write your own words.
    Last edited by Carla; 5th April 2018 at 12:32 PM.

Maybe he is Lataxe......

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Blatant plagiarism. I wrote this post last year http://forums.roadcyclinguk.com/show...d-roads-routes
    Honestly if you're going to spam, at least have the decency to write your own words.
    Yes it does seem a bit odd.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Ha, good spot Carla
    "I am not Colin"

Maybe just an extraordinary coincidence. It's a statistical inevitability that the same combination of letters will ultimately be used.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Maybe just an extraordinary coincidence. It's a statistical inevitability that the same combination of letters will ultimately be used.
    Yes, but the probability is several billion to one according to my O level maths
    "I am not Colin"

Yes, but still possible, much as if you gave a monkey a typewriter it would almost surely type all the works of Shakespeare. It could take a while though.

I came across this gem in Wikipedia: I wonder if that's how they produce the Daily Mail...

"Real monkeys
    In 2003, lecturers and students from the University of Plymouth MediaLab Arts course used a 2,000 grant from the Arts Council to study the literary output of real monkeys. They left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Celebes crested macaques in Paignton Zoo in Devon in England for a month, with a radio link to broadcast the results on a website.[10]

Not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five total pages[11] largely consisting of the letter S, the lead male began by bashing the keyboard with a stone, and the monkeys continued by urinating and defecating on it. Mike Phillips, director of the university's Institute of Digital Arts and Technology (i-DAT), said that the artist-funded project was primarily performance art, and they had learned "an awful lot" from it. He concluded that monkeys "are not random generators. They're more complex than that. ... They were quite interested in the screen, and they saw that when they typed a letter, something happened. There was a level of intention there."[10][12]"
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Yes, but still possible, much as if you gave a monkey a typewriter it would almost surely type all the works of Shakespeare. It could take a while though.

I came across this gem in Wikipedia: I wonder if that's how they produce the Daily Mail...

"Real monkeys
    In 2003, lecturers and students from the University of Plymouth MediaLab Arts course used a 2,000 grant from the Arts Council to study the literary output of real monkeys. They left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Celebes crested macaques in Paignton Zoo in Devon in England for a month, with a radio link to broadcast the results on a website.[10]

Not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five total pages[11] largely consisting of the letter S, the lead male began by bashing the keyboard with a stone, and the monkeys continued by urinating and defecating on it. Mike Phillips, director of the university's Institute of Digital Arts and Technology (i-DAT), said that the artist-funded project was primarily performance art, and they had learned "an awful lot" from it. He concluded that monkeys "are not random generators. They're more complex than that. ... They were quite interested in the screen, and they saw that when they typed a letter, something happened. There was a level of intention there."[10][12]"
    Hmm, 5 pages of the letter S, eh ? That's interesting, and not an outcome I would have predicted.
    "I am not Colin"