Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seatpost stuck!

Seatpost stuck!

My Di2 has had intermittent problems detecting the battery when connecting to the PC, so I thought I'd check the connection in the seatpost. However, after loosening the bolts, the seatpost refuses to budge. I've sprayed some lube on it in the hope that it may help things overnight, but can anyone suggest anything else to try please?

What are the seat tube and seat post made of?

Oooh sounds like you got the same prob as me Nick...with my Dogma ....hopefully yours has a round seat post...then you could twist it

try these options from a thread I started this year
    http://forums.roadcyclinguk.com/show...rbon-seat-post

Quote Originally Posted by Manglier View Post
    What are the seat tube and seat post made of?
    Both carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    Oooh sounds like you got the same prob as me Nick...with my Dogma ....hopefully yours has a round seat post...then you could twist it

try these options from a thread I started this year
    http://forums.roadcyclinguk.com/show...rbon-seat-post
    Mine's a kamm tail post so twisting isn't an option.

Had a eureka moment in town earlier though. Thought I'd try turning the bike upside down with my feet on the front and rear of the saddle and pulling the frame up with my immense strength, whilst my immense mass pins the bike to the floor.

It bloody well worked too!

Not sure if that is mentioned in the link you provided, if it is, I'm still claiming it

Had visions of having to cut the thing out.

Just seen PRS suggested in in your thread...

Great minds eh?

Note to self: remove seatpost from bike every few months, clean and reapply assembly paste in order to avoid this happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Just seen PRS suggested in in your thread...

Great minds eh?
    Just glad you didn't end up embedding the chainring into your chin!

Yes, best advice is to disassemble on a regular basis, though I don't understand how CF ends up fused together, as you'd expect no surface reaction. Must be the glue or lacquer.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

The wire into the battery seemed secure and no other visible issues, disconnected and reconnected it anyway.

When connecting to the computer, it still took a few attempts to recognise the battery. It's possible that one of the connections to the internal junction box is loose, or perhaps the SM-BCR2 charging/interface cable is faulty...or the battery itself has some issues...it could well be a driver issue in Windows.

I haven't got the tools to remove the bottom bracket, so checking the internal junction box is out of the question for now. I suppose I could try getting my hands on another SM-BCR2, or a SM-PCE1 to see if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    The wire into the battery seemed secure and no other visible issues, disconnected and reconnected it anyway.

When connecting to the computer, it still took a few attempts to recognise the battery. It's possible that one of the connections to the internal junction box is loose, or perhaps the SM-BCR2 charging/interface cable is faulty...or the battery itself has some issues...it could well be a driver issue in Windows.

I haven't got the tools to remove the bottom bracket, so checking the internal junction box is out of the question for now. I suppose I could try getting my hands on another SM-BCR2, or a SM-PCE1 to see if that makes a difference.
    Where's the smug emoji for 'one reason I've got eTap'? I do sympathise with you but it does seem to be problem that comes up quite regularly.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Lol CB...@Nick when you first put in the seat post , did you use carbon paste??..also I did try the "nick " way....and many others...including mc hammerstill no joy, but then it's never been moved for over 5 years