Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    SY's not running in Dauphine, unless he's disguised as his brother as Vlad suggests...or maybe Adam is Simon, who knows...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    So you think he will go to Le Tour and win it?

See the commentator ask Froome if he thinks all 3 GT wins will stand... he said resolutely that they will. Do wonder what will happen!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Sadly, much as I'd love to see Yates win, I don't think the team has the depth of Sky... the TdF is their main target of the year.

I wish they'd resolve the Froome salbutamol thing, as its bad for the sport with it hanging over it.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

They are machines, make no doubt!

I really don't see how Froome wont be reprimanded, but I hope he does beat it.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Maybe they will find that his blood levels do get elevated in the heat of competition... hopefully the results of the daily testing in Giro will reveal something. There are expert accounts that say the test is flawed, so presumably Sky's lawyers can find a way!

I heard that they had brought into question the validity of the testing, this has to be his best hope.

I'd quite like a TdF without Froome there - I love the TdF but find myself already bored at the prospect of Team Sky/Froome controlling the whole thing. I'm not taking anything away from the fact that they do what they do very well (though they do have a very large budget compared to some teams) but it's almost as boring as the Monaco GP.

Though in fairness, Sky played a very exciting blinder on Thursday at the Giro, and Froome does have form for some great riding, like when he did the breakaway with Sagan at the TdF and tried to outsprint him!

But yes I'm not a fan of their tempo riding out front which just kills everything, from a spectator's view.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Its called micro management - control the controlable and the end result will be the desired result.

Shed out the weaker riders, take out the support for the other contenders and leave them isolated, then crank it up again and watch thyem fall.

Technically - its a flawless tactic.

But - it is boring TV as they gobble up the breakaways etc.

The good old days when riders rode without race radio and power meters were great racing except for the drugs that is.

See that Hinualt has already moaned about Froome equaling his record of holding all 3 titles. He says thsat he should not have the Giro win and should not atend TDF as well due to the failed test.

Bloody hell - if Hinault didn't pop pills during his time then I'm a wooly sheep. Pot - kettle - black.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Its called micro management - control the controlable and the end result will be the desired result.

Shed out the weaker riders, take out the support for the other contenders and leave them isolated, then crank it up again and watch thyem fall.

Technically - its a flawless tactic.

But - it is boring TV as they gobble up the breakaways etc.

The good old days when riders rode without race radio and power meters were great racing except for the drugs that is.

See that Hinualt has already moaned about Froome equaling his record of holding all 3 titles. He says thsat he should not have the Giro win and should not atend TDF as well due to the failed test.

Bloody hell - if Hinault didn't pop pills during his time then I'm a wooly sheep. Pot - kettle - black.
    The badger's coming round to see you... http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/wp-...ce-640x422.jpg