Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

Sidi Insoles - Proper first world problems!

My lovely fiancť bought me some bad ass Sidi Wires as per the CCC Pro Conti team.

Im a firm believer in the custom insoles I have in my current shoes. So I wanted to get the LBS to do me some new ones and get cleats put on in similar fashion with shims and 3d movement detection etc.

Only thing is, I just noticed the Sidi insoles are massively perforated to allow air flow out of the sole. How much of a bummer to we think it is to lose this feature?!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I suppose it depends if you suffer from hot foot....I got it last week doing 40miles on zwift in the garage...the temp in there must have been 28-30C

Unless the sole is perforated I can't see it making much difference!

I generally do ok as far as I’m aware with heat levels with my feet.

Martin, that’s my point, the sole has vents which tie in with the perforated insoles. I will undoubtedly reducing air circulation with aftermarket inserts.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

What about putting the holes back in the custom insoles ? (You know the gadgets for adding another hole to a leather belt). Might not get the holes perfectly lined up but using the originals as a template for the customs will get it fairly close.

in winter to avoid too much cooling, or wet feet, add duct tape to the inside or outside.....& you can cut a dash at the cafe stop with your custom soles for all to see

Cheers Andy, that could work in fairness. There’s loads of holes currently, so wouldn’t go for as many but a few might be nice

For the record, I’ll only wear these during the Summer. They cost insane amounts of wedge, I baby my possessions. Got two other pairs for different duties.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Only thing is, I just noticed the Sidi insoles are massively perforated to allow air flow out of the sole. How much of a bummer to we think it is to lose this feature?!
    I generally do ok as far as I’m aware with heat levels with my feet.
    I think you've just answered your own question.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Does seem a shame to lose ventilation, but I guess I gain more from a stable base with my dodgy knees than cooler feet.

Does seem a shame to lose ventilation, but I guess I gain more from a stable base with my dodgy knees than cooler feet.
    I'm not a hot sort of person so I'm much more likely to suffer from cold feet except on the very hottest day and wouldn't want super ventilated shoes. In fact I had oversocks on last weekend at 17C.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Marty - Have got the Sidi ergo4 Max shoes and I replaced the Sidi insoles for my old Specialized Pro insoles which were body shaped to my foot.

I have had no issues or problems with the insoles and also I did as mentioned above = punched a small hole to match the air vent on the sole.

The Sidi insoles were actually plain and flat and I found them uncomfortable - so glad I changed over.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!