Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Anyone on Grand road tours

It's got to be done...ha ha ha

dont know about anyone else but I'm having trouble logging in and downloading the Windows version....looks great tho

No problems on Mac. Did my first ride. Looks really good but has rather high video requirements. Depending on your laptop/computer a lot of people might need to put the settings to lower quality.

Still can't log on

I guess that's why its a beta... to flush out issues like this. Best to contact them, I'm sure they will be keen to help.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    I went to the web site and registered me details then downloaded the PC version. Took about and hour to download all the updates etc.

Then started her up and hey ho it worked fine.

The resolution is very high, but I lowered it to medium and it works fine on my laptop which only has a I3 memory on it.

Only about 7 rides on there at the moment.

Did the stelvio first half last night...... Its straight into the climb and up you go - some sections are 18% as you get to the corners, most is about 8% and 10% - strange thing was that I found it easier to ride than the ADZ as I still has gears left when it was 10%.

So don't know if the gradient is set the same as Zwift for the turbo.

I struggle on the 14% on Zwift up to the tower but managed 18% on this.

The views of the scenery is OK, some technical issues of branches coming out of the walls and when using some camera angles you actually look through the wall to see the rider.

The riders shape is distressing as your arse looks very BIG in this set up.

The annoying thing I found - is that in the 3rd person view point, when looking from behind the rider, the name bar your yourself, which is above your head, blocks your vision of the road ahead and you cant see anything.

The uphill was OK, bar the points mentioned above re gradient, the climb was good and fun, however the coming down was strange, it was not constant.

The bike would break into the corner and come to a virtual stop. Then when you pedal the bike would not respond and it actually went faster at times when you stopped pedalling and coasted down the hill.

Its good for a freebie, but there is a lot of work still to do on it.

I have the Elite trainer so I can purchase HD Videos of rides and they are GPS data based for the gradients - they I find are better to use, but sometimes I found them out of sink with the video and when I'm going down a slope the gradient is still going up hill.

Must be because I'm so slow It cant catch up.

Anyway - re GRT - Its getting there and might be good - but needs more work.

Would love to see a Ardennes version of the rides - small punchy hills and cobbles instead of just a large slog up the side of a mountain - that's what I'm built for.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Interest Vlad, cheers.

The article I read about it said one of the key differences they looked for over Zwift was to make the braking, pedalling and drafting more realistic. For example, on the crit circuit, you need to coast into and sprint out of the bends, with nothing gained from pedalling constantly.

I'm sure they will add more rides... Paris Roubaix sections would be awesome.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    laptop which only has a I3 memory on it.
    Haha, what were you saying about needing IT things explained?

"Is it plugged in at the wall?"
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I read somewhere that it takes at least three months to create each ride so it will take time.I joined about 6 months ago and the difference between then and now is huge so RGT has the potential when they go "Live" if they price it right.
    I rode 3/4 way up Stelvio and would never spend that long on a TT normally!My lad likes the Cap de Formentor ride so he's hoping that like Zwift under 16s can have a separate account as his stats are all wrong as he's only 10 and 33kg and RGT thinks it's me at 80kg riding

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    As I cant bring anything constructive into proceedings, thought I would take the Michael out of our resident Vampire.

I'm lazy, a creature of habit and loyal. I am going to stick to Zwift, still not hit level 25 or got the Tron bike.
    Last edited by The return of Marty Wild; 18th May 2018 at 2:04 PM.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    I read somewhere that it takes at least three months to create each ride so it will take time.I joined about 6 months ago and the difference between then and now is huge so RGT has the potential when they go "Live" if they price it right.
    I rode 3/4 way up Stelvio and would never spend that long on a TT normally!My lad likes the Cap de Formentor ride so he's hoping that like Zwift under 16s can have a separate account as his stats are all wrong as he's only 10 and 33kg and RGT thinks it's me at 80kg riding
    Can't he just set up his own account and lie about his age like my children do on Instagram etc?

For proper realism, the system needs to simulate the b4stard headwind which hit me on every other hairpin leg. The tailwind somehow never helped! Also there is a definite impact of lack of O2 toward the top of Stelvio, so it should like for like increase the resistance on the sim.