Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Did the passo Dello Stelvio...it was tough....I must say I'm really impressed with GRT...it's pretty realistic , even the gradients go up in decimals ...not just 9% but 9.3...etc
    it was so hot in my garage ATM ....so I reckon I can beat my time in cooler weather....but today it's 1.05:56.....(Nick is 1.08:09)...I expected a quicker timer from a taco user...ha ha ha, and who is Gary twiss??.

the downhill is boring as it's life like...you slow down at the hairpins, I think it takes around 20mins.
    afterwards I headed to Canary Wharf ...now that was fun , a little 1km circuit...but it has a short sprint seg and unlike zwift it tells you how meters you are from it in a count down....
    in all ...bye bye zwift....GRT all the way for me

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    Did the passo Dello Stelvio...it was tough....I must say I'm really impressed with GRT...it's pretty realistic , even the gradients go up in decimals ...not just 9% but 9.3...etc
    it was so hot in my garage ATM ....so I reckon I can beat my time in cooler weather....but today it's 1.05:56.....(Nick is 1.08:09)...I expected a quicker timer from a taco user...ha ha ha, and who is Gary twiss??.

the downhill is boring as it's life like...you slow down at the hairpins, I think it takes around 20mins.
    afterwards I headed to Canary Wharf ...now that was fun , a little 1km circuit...but it has a short sprint seg and unlike zwift it tells you how meters you are from it in a count down....
    in all ...bye bye zwift....GRT all the way for me
    That's quite an endorsement Boxie. Still haven't given RGT a go as yet, although I've loaded up the software and it does look good.

As for you beating me up the Stelvio, in my defence, the route I did included about 25 km of climbing, without the descent. I did 1900 virtual metres of climbing compared to your minuscule 1100 metres

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    That's quite an endorsement Boxie. Still haven't given RGT a go as yet, although I've loaded up the software and it does look good.

As for you beating me up the Stelvio, in my defence, the route I did included about 25 km of climbing, without the descent. I did 1900 virtual metres of climbing compared to your minuscule 1100 metres

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it
    25km of climbs on a taco = 1100 m hardcore kickr..ha ha ha

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    The 'Taco ratio' if you will =)
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Hmm. Sounds like with our 'broadband' (which is actually worse than that at Everest base camp... BT if you are listening you are a joke, the crappest of crap companies. Spend less on football, more on telecoms stuff. I digress.) it would take 327 years to download.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    You think you have issues with Broadband.

I'm still on dial up speed of 0.600 MB. Yes less than 1 MB a second as it has to travel over 4 miles over phone copper line to get to the house.

We don't have fibre. - Well I do eat Weetabix now and again but - we don't have the plastic stuff to the house.

I spent all day downloading Elite DVD of Amstel Gold Race - 24GB- and used up all my data on my phone to do so - to find it did not work as it said - error.

Went to my sisters who had Fibre - and took another 2 hours to download it again and - yes - failed to install correctly.

Now sent a E Mail to Elite in Italy asking them what the issue is and waiting for a reply. - Not impressed
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I feel your pain Vlad!

On a separate note, have you guys noticed how the W/kg figure for riders in front of or behind you rarely changes during a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    I feel your pain Vlad!

On a separate note, have you guys noticed how the W/kg figure for riders in front of or behind you rarely changes during a ride?
    Never found that last night....I had 10 riders in front and went past them all except one "Ockie" I think his name is...and I was matching his w/kg....then I look to check how far in front....and his went up to 4.?w/kg....etc...never got close to him...his lead went from 1.2km when I started and ended 2km

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    "Tune in next week for more tales from the Turbo".....

haha
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like with our 'broadband' (which is actually worse than that at Everest base camp... BT if you are listening you are a joke, the crappest of crap companies. Spend less on football, more on telecoms stuff. I digress.) it would take 327 years to download.

This is taken from another site but could help you.......

So I changed from Plusnet to BT broadband (now regret) because I wanted to be first in the queue if fibre ever reaches us out in the sticks. I turns out Plusnet are part of BT.

I've always had BT-WIFIwith-FON (or such like) and BTWIFI-X in and around the house, but with a much stronger signal than my actual BT Wi-Fi signal.

I didn't actually know what it was until I "Googled" it out of curiosity.

For those of you that don't know, it's the "5 million BT hotspots" that are in the UK.

When you sign up to BT broadband, you're automatically enlisted as one of those hotspots.

I live in a large old farm house, and have recently installed a WiFi extender, but, no bloomin' need.

As I don't use the hotspots around the UK (everyone else’s' wifi/broadband) I opted out using my online account. This won't affect other users as I'm 200 yards from the nearest road, which is a country lane.

Flippin' Nora, I now have such a good WiFi signal, I no longer need the extender, and it "behaves" impeccably.

It took less than 48 hours for the BTWIFI-FON to disappear, but now it's great.

Highly recommend that, if you don't use BT hotspots, opt-out.