Look Keo pedal adjustment seized

Young Master Hoose managed to pull his foot out of the pedal the other night (thankfully not in a race and didn't result in a spill). I attempted to tighten it up but the mechanism is seized and the head of the screw is now starting to round off. Soaked it in GT85 for 48 hours but still no joy.

They are the Keo 2 Max pedals, which are about £70 so I'm a bit miffed to have problems after only 18 months and not too many miles (Master Hoose is not keen on long training rides!)

Any advice regarding either a fix / bodge or chances of getting a replacement under warranty?

I run SPD-SL on my bikes and never have any problems.

GT85 isn't really any good for that, try a proper penetrating oil/spray (no, not WD40 either!).

Exustar pedals are a decent buy for about £25 if they need replacing.

Silly question, but have you tried loosening it? It could be its at the limit of its adjustment and there is an issue with the cleat.

WD40 do make a dedicated penetrating oil, Plusgas also excellent in auto circles...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I bought some of the cheapy Look Keo for the Turbo and Daily hack, the tension s adjustment doesn't do jack, completely useless! I live in fear of clipping out by mistake on them! The 16nm Blade resistance feels so good in comparison.

Would have hoped for more from the 70 squid jobbies.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

What's the point of the Look Keo2max.

Seems the same basically as SPD SL but evidently not as good.

Or is it for those who just don't want Shimano on their bike...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I bought some of the cheapy Look Keo for the Turbo.
    Snap...for my Sunday best I have carbon blade look pedals...no adjustment on these. You buy either 12 or 16nm...perfect

Thanks for all the replies. I sent them away to my 'man' (aka the father-in-law) who enjoys (I think) tinkering with little problems like this. He's managed to release the screw (apparently by applying some 'heat') and thankfully the head isn't rounded off too much so they can be adjusted. Interesting to hear the comments about adjustment, or lack of, I think the tension adjustment does make a difference, it's just that the increments are quite small, you have to apply a lot of 'turns' in order to notice any difference.

There is a story behind why the lad has Look and I have Shimano, he rides on the velodrome at Derby and for a while used to hire their bikes which have Look pedals, so made sense for him to go down the Look route so he didn't have to have two pairs of shoes / cleats. They don't seem as good as Shimano though which I have on my bikes and never give any problems.

My L/H Shim spd has come loose despite being in hibernation for nearly a year after the first ride. You can't win

Quote Originally Posted by graywoodhouse View Post
    He's managed to release the screw (apparently by applying some 'heat') and thankfully the head isn't rounded off too much so they can be adjusted.
    Warning - ali is annealed (softens) at a very low temperature (low compared to other metals, not as in -50C).....