Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Official Critrium de Dauphin / TT thread

Well as Marty appears to be slacking on the 'official..... thread' front, someone had to. And as the Isle of Man TT always clashes with the Dauphin, I thought we'd make it a double (yes I am aware that the IOM TT is motorcycling not pedal cycling, but as we have a thread for F1 I'm making no apologies).

So - any thoughts on the Dauphin? I'm just looking forward to seeing what form the likes of Nibali, Bardet, Barguil etc are in. Is Adam Yates in similar form to Simon? Will Dan Martin feature in the GC?

As for the TT - sadly one rider died in a qualifying session but that's part and parcel of the TT, and William Dunlop has withdrawn. Dean Harrison is flying.

Highlights of both, for those without Eurosport etc are on ITV4 - generally 9pm for the TT and 10pm for the Dauphin

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Loving your work, Carla!

Shouldn't we make a separate one for the IOM though? Would love to go out and see it one year!

Did have a list of all the teams, looks like Sky is sending the TDF squad sans Froome, look forward to it starting on Sunday.
    "Im glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Im a bilingual illiterate I cant read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    See a bloke got arrested at the TT for standing on the road during practice - what a dick - bikes at 200KM and you can imagine the end result.

Is Guy Martin ridng this year again - or has he given up the ghost now.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Lets keep it as a double, as long as the Head of Thread Naming Protocol is comfortable with it!

I've not followed the TT before, will have a look. I must confess I know nothing about it, but would love to get involved... can you recommend a good site like Cycling News to get a good grounding as to whos who?

My grandfather, who sadly died before I was born, was a great motorcycle enthusiast and was keen to enter back in the day but grandma would not let him!

Re Dauphine, Nibali must be in with a shot, but I'd love to see Dan Martin up there in contention... another proper racer, always fun to watch.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

More like 320kmh, Vlad. Still think this needs its own thread on the 'Tea Shop'.

Not sure what Guy Martin is up to after he went all showbiz haha.

Dan Martin hasn't had too many showings yet for his new team.
    "Im glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Im a bilingual illiterate I cant read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Lets keep it as a double, as long as the Head of Thread Naming Protocol is comfortable with it!
    I was a Mod on a Techno forum based in Belgium back in the day, I'd happily take it up here given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Is Guy Martin ridng this year again - or has he given up the ghost now.
    Not riding this year - not sure what he's up to - gone very quiet, doesn't appear to be cycling, racing or recording any TV stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    I've not followed the TT before, will have a look. I must confess I know nothing about it, but would love to get involved... can you recommend a good site like Cycling News to get a good grounding as to whos who?
    Try roadracingnews.co.uk or motorcyclenews.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    As for the TT - sadly one rider died in a qualifying session but that's part and parcel of the TT, and William Dunlop has withdrawn. Dean Harrison is flying.

Highlights of both, for those without Eurosport etc are on ITV4 - generally 9pm for the TT and 10pm for the Dauphin
    I don't make a beeline to the IOM TT like i would for cycling but if I'm channel surfing and there's nothing better on I will watch it. There was a program on the box last night which was about motor-sport legends and there was a lot of stuff on motor-cycling not least the Dunlop clan. Not surprised William has withdrawn most of the rest of his family has met an untimely end.

I now have different image of you Carla, clad in motor bike leathers rather than lycra!:-)

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Is Guy Martin riding this year again - or has he given up the ghost now.
    I recall after his last crash he has decided it 'aint wurf it'. But these boys are so driven and have a few screws loose I wouldn't put it past him to come back.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

He did have a MASSIVE off didn't he.