Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Though according to pippa yorke, the notion of improving form throughout a GT is bunkum as there is no recovery time. More likely in my view that a better (or better protected) rider will lose less form than others, just as Froome did at the Giro.
    That is her experience but everyone is different and the understanding of sports science and training has improved light years since her day. I have no doubt Sky have thought this through - they very rarely get it wrong. You only have to look back to last year: Froome coming into the TdF slightly under-prepared winning then going on to win the Vuelta.

OK, I know its not the same but when I used to do 2-3 week cycle tours I improved as time went by and was screaming fit whereas my mates were on their knees and I was blowing their legs off by the end.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Looks like G was on for good time until he crashed. It is the story of his life and in the end it makes you wonder if it is just more than bad luck - i.e. he just pushes too hard or his bike handling skills are not that hot. Also I wonder if SKY's tyre choice is ideal given Froomedog's very similar crash in the Giro.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    So if G crashed on the first day, as did Froome, does that mean that G will win the race on the second but last day, as did Froome.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Looks like G was on for good time until he crashed. It is the story of his life and in the end it makes you wonder if it is just more than bad luck - i.e. he just pushes too hard or his bike handling skills are not that hot. Also I wonder if SKY's tyre choice is ideal given Froomedog's very similar crash in the Giro.
    Thats the first thing I thought too CB, tyres. There's a lot of crashing going on at Sky, nearly every race one of their main men has had a big off. Froome, one of his lieutenants at the Giro, Bernal in Catalunya. It's no good.

Whos for the win then ladies and gents?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tungate View Post

Whos for the win then ladies and gents?
    Sky have won 5 of the last 7 so you can't write them off but I'm not so sure about G.
    I wouldn't write off Nibali or De Gendt but I'll stick my neck out and go for a Sky rider

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    What tyres do they use?

I say Michal K is strongest Sky contender... heard it here first.
    "Im glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Im a bilingual illiterate I cant read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Arrrgggghhhh...... Dont know - G was looking good on the TT - (until his fall) - and is still there abouts.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

And now Kwiatkowski

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    What tyres do they use?
    According to their website: Continental. I don't know what their tubs are like but my GP 4000 don't give me any issues.

I have just finished reading Phil Gaimon's book 'Living the life of pro (once in a while)', he was constantly criticising his tyres and blaming them or the mechanics for over-inflating them for numerous crashes. A lot of pros forsake the sponsor's tyres for their own choice not sure Sky would allow that though.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Gutting to see Michal going down yesterday too! Get on to Michelins Team Sky! haha
    "Im glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Im a bilingual illiterate I cant read in two languages."