Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

The official UCI Tour of Cambs thread

Anyone on it this weekend? I haver a place deferred from last year due to knee issues I was having. Not sure I will make the qualification cut this year, not been feeling speedy as of late.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Dammit, planned at one point to give it a go this year. Other three line whip family stuff to attend to though.

Looks like a good craic, I'll be interested to see how you get on.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Oh there was a bit of hubbub about that wasn't there, shame you're not coming along. Really expecting to put in my worst effort yet, this will be my third time. It's scary, scary fast and a drawn out day but it is awesome fun, you spend more time there waiting that on the actual event strangely.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

My main worry would be getting caught up in an accident... by all accounts many more loons there due to the UCI qualification and relatively flat route.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Yeah, it is sketchy at best. Trick is to head off from the front where the more experienced lot are. There are sadly big accidents every year. The boss from my work that likes a good Taco on Zwift, he's not doing it as he's been put off by the accidents he's seen trawling around at the back with his supposed 320w FTP haha.

I didn't enjoy the opening KMs of the Cardiff Velothon... I had an early pen, but still very crowded and absolutely loads of dropped water bottles for some reason. Very poor group riding etiquette as well, needed to have eyes at the back of your head and be ready to dodge potholes etc which no-one pointed out.

You're really talking this up, making me confident for Sunday!

You do need to be ultra careful, undoubtedly.

Yup, give me a shout whenever you need a confidence boost!

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Well if you could push out 1200 watts like me - youl'd have no problems would you.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Go Marty...go .marty.......look it's Marty....oooo ooooh.....Crash!!

you ok Marty.....looks nasty

go carefully Marty

sounds like a GREAT day