Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have some cheap and now quite ancient Altura bibs which are still my favourite. Annoyingly they don't make that style anymore.

Much of the time the pads are made by one of only a few companies, so its all about the style you want.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

My first pair were cheap Tenn bib shorts and I've also got some decent DHB ones. Unquestionably the "cheap" Tenn ones much more comfortable so it entirely depends upon individual comfort.
    All the gear and no idea.

Shorts are bit like saddles: the pads vary in size/shape and some suit some bum shapes better than others. I had an expensive pair of Pearl Izumi shorts and after 3 hours the edge of the insert was rubbing me sore although the centre remained comfortable and (relatively) cheap DHB which were comfortable day but the rest of the short was poor fit.

It is interesting that some manufacturers are now making different size inserts, presumably to address this sort of problem.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I did have a pair of relatively cheap 50 Santini shorts, equally as good as Rapha Assos Casteli at more than twice the price. For me rotating the usage seems key.
    And I have massive tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid Paris View Post
    And I have massive tackle
    What even after a long ride on a cold day?!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I may have fibbed a bit there. In fairness I don’t think I’ve had any bad Cycling clothing I can think of.