Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    #37, no exceptions. But then again "The Rules" are for idiots so better to try these ones. I particularly like #9.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...LB6gmjLk9HBQ8i
    Last edited by Muffin; 8th June 2018 at 8:35 AM.
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I have the straps over my sunnies, I know its against the rules and doesn't look as good. As said though, I like to whip the helmet off without worry about the sunglasses.

My mate constantly tells me its good to have the sunnies over the straps because in an accident it means the glasses come off....

WTF would I want my Oakleys strewn down the road I ask him.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Marty, I'm disappointed that you even think this is a question.

The Rules No 37.
    http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Ps Muffin I'm an idiot but something has to bring order to the galaxy.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Muffin beat me to it: Rule #37!

Wearing the glasses over the straps is more comfortable, the straps can sit more closely therefore safely to your head and its easier to take your shades off on the fly to wipe them clean of erm...flies, sweat and rain drops etc.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

The thing which gets on my nerves is when the arms of the glasses wont fit under the back of the helmet and keep pushing down off your nose...

I also make sure I have only a small gap between the helmet and the glasses. It was a whole new category of pain and swearwords when I got a wasp stuck in a pair of cheap glasses, stung my eyelid 3 times.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    The thing which gets on my nerves is when the arms of the glasses wont fit under the back of the helmet and keep pushing down off your nose...

Ditto - but using £2 Aldi/Lidl glasses I just cut an inch off the arms

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Knew this was contentious, too much like ballache to remember to move the glasses before the helmet. I like living on the edge!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Seems the modern rear adjustment ratchets fit further down your head than they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    Mine are £280 prescription varifocal transitions and I had to chop 1cm off each armTBF though I did it very carefully and smoothed off the edges so you can't really tell!
    Last edited by ibbo68; 8th June 2018 at 10:37 AM.

I also make sure I have only a small gap between the helmet and the glasses. It was a whole new category of pain and swearwords when I got a wasp stuck in a pair of cheap glasses, stung my eyelid 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    Seems the modern rear adjustment ratchets fit further down your head than they used to.

Mine are £280 prescription varifocal transitions and I had to chop 1cm off each armTBF though I did it very carefully and smoothed off the edges so you can't really tell!
    I find my Briko shades catch on the rear of my Met Manta but not the Giro Atmos and the Oakley Jawbreakers on neither.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Here is another question - why do helmets not come with a net inside to stop BUGS getting trapped inside and biting/stinging your head.

You would have thought it would be common sence - but there are only a few on the market that have these. After being stung once on the head whilst cycling, every time I feel something fly in and bounce around trying to get out - i'm waiting for the QUCH to come.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!