Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Here is another question - why do helmets not come with a net inside to stop BUGS getting trapped inside and biting/stinging your head.

You would have thought it would be common sence - but there are only a few on the market that have these. After being stung once on the head whilst cycling, every time I feel something fly in and bounce around trying to get out - i'm waiting for the QUCH to come.
    This.

Its really annoying being on the rivet and you can suddenly feel something beetling about up there... is it a wasp, fly or what...

I guess you could borrow the Mrs' hair net.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    I actually treid that - and covered the helmet in a hair net - trying to hold it in place with pins - didn't last long and was binned.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Back to the OP. Readers may recall the discussion on my new wheels and how on their maiden voyage last week I said they were clicking and presumed it was them bedding in. Well on an extended ride over the weekend I noticed the clicking was getting worse. I then realised that it wasn't the wheel as the click wasn't there when I was freewheeling. So creaking BB or pedals then?! Obviously this then became an obsession with thoughts of having to strip the BB or pedal bearings. It then finally dawned on me that the clicking was coming from my shades knocking on the helmet. So I re-positioned the arms under the helmet straps and the noise disappeared.

Questions such as: how can you mistake a noise coming from so close to your ear for one from a part of the bike?; why did it only happen when pedaling?; and why did this suddenly start when I've not changed my helmet or my shades?, remain unanswered. What is worse, I had to break Rule#37 to solve it. Aaaargh.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 4 Weeks Ago at 9:51 AM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    why did it only happen when pedaling?
    Cos you're moving the body slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Back to the OP. Readers may recall the discussion on my new wheels and how on their maiden voyage last week I said they were clicking and presumed it was them bedding in. Well on an extended ride over the weekend I noticed the clicking was getting worse. I then realised that it wasn't the wheel as the click wasn't there when I was freewheeling. So creaking BB or pedals then?! Obviously this then became an obsession with thoughts of having to strip the BB or pedal bearings. It then finally dawned on me that the clicking was coming from my shades knocking on the helmet. So I re-positioned the arms under the helmet straps and the noise disappeared.

Questions such as: how can you mistake an noise coming from so close to your ear for one from a part of a the bike?; why did it only happen when pedaling?; and why did this suddenly start when I've not changed my helmet or my shades?, remain unanswered. What is worse, I had to break Rule#37 to solve it. Aaaargh.
    So you were stuck in a Rule V and rule 37 conundrum...

Generally, Rule V would take precedence over all others, so you should have put up with the noise!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    So you were stuck in a Rule V and rule 37 conundrum...

Generally, Rule V would take precedence over all others, so you should have put up with the noise!
    Fair point. As with all noises however, once you know where they are coming from and that they are not serious, it is easier to put up with them.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Argggggghhh, noises in the car and on the bike.... bane of my life. You've got to be a bloke really, my lady never hears any noises in the car.

Its sad but true, straps over glasses and to heel with the rules/aesthetics.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I paid my daughter a fiver to sit in the back of the car recently and track down two really annoying rattles!

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Needs to be done, best bet is getting someone else to drive you I guess, if poss.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Got a permanent plastic on plastic squeek coming from the grab bar on the glo9vebox in passenger side of car. Tried to have it fixed several times and comes back.

Its actually worse in the summer.

Have to play loud music to cover it up as it drives me mad. Tried punching it, pulling it and tried superglue as well - garrage tried several times and nought works.

In my opinion it needs to have a piece of material between the surfaces - but I cant get to the screws that hold it together as they are under the inbuilt dashboard.

Blood Skoda. Should hav ebeen 1 piece not 2 pieces.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!