Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cube Agree vs Cannondale vs Giant

Need some advise please. Looking to buy a new bike to move my Giant Defy composite 2 to winter duty.

I use the bike mainly for triathlons, but not wanting TT / Tri specific - at 42 and 95kg, there are more ways to save time (shift the belly) than tuck.

I have seen a 2017 Cube Agree C62 SLT Di2 disc with DT Swiss 32ís for £2300 and thought it looked great. But LBS said it was a bad frame and should look at the 2018 Cannondale Synapse 2018 Di2 disc - but £2800. Then what about Giants TCR ??

thoughts appreciated, as well as other options. I also realise 2019 stock will be out soon, so should I just hold on longer?

cheers

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Try this.....

Ribble Aero 883 Disc
    Bike Builder

Carbon Aero Road Bike

Recommended Build: £2,804
    The Ribble Aero 883 came out ontop in the BikesEtc magazine Aero Bike Challenge group test winning the GoldAward and it’s proved such an amazing bike that we developed a disc brakemodel. Its short top tube and head tube mean that the Aero 883 Disc is perfectfor both road racing and triathlon and offers a lower aerodynamic frontposition. The Aero 883 Disc is our most aerodynamic disc road frame with addedstopping power.

"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I looked at the Ribble range and for this bike with discs & Di2 it came to £3.4k - which is £1k more than the Cube and £700 more than the Cannondale.

Preference is to spend £2.5 or less, which is why the Cube is appealing - but looking for riders who have had one or bikes with similar spec for similar (or less) price

What you should do is buy the rubble frame , then build up the bike using the parts you want....why pay a company to put on parts they don't make and buy like everyone else and charge you to do it?
    forget Di2....... get SRAM Etap.....fit the best

Well I've got Ribble 883 Aero Disc (Ultegra, no Di2) and Cannondale Synapse (105). The frames are totally different. The Synapse has much more relaxed geometry.

Neither are particularly aero, both more sportive/endurance... I would want the capability to get a low front end for the TT events.

+1 for the Ribble, Merida Reacto also worth considering.

I think these look very interesting too, British design. https://store.thecycleguy.co.uk/orro...rce=googlebase
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Neither are particularly aero, both more sportive/endurance... I would want the capability to get a low front end for the TT events.

+1 for the Ribble, Merida Reacto also worth considering.

I think these look very interesting too, British design. https://store.thecycleguy.co.uk/orro...rce=googlebase
    Are you saying that the ribble's frame is not aero? I thought it was. It is way different to synapse. Can you point to a frame that you would consider aero?

Sorry, I was not clear as I did not quote the OP... I was referring to the OP's Cube and Synapse.
    Last edited by PRSboy; 14th June 2018 at 11:34 AM.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I had the 2015 Cube Agree, although that probably isn't too helpful as it's a very different bike to the 2017 Di2 disc model.

+1 for Ribble. I have the Di2 883 and the bike is just awesome imo.

A mate of mine recently picked up an aero Giant Propel 2017 for just over £2k. Lovely looking bike tbh.

I'm biased because I have a Cannondale Supersix. I know the Synapse is a different beast but it has had good reviews.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.