Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Have to say, I just don't get Cannondales, bit of a marmite in my mind. I know plenty of people love the classic look, just not for me.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Or ….

Planet X Tri bikes and aero bikes from under 2 Grand....

https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/...riathlon-bikes
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Thanks all - I am not looking for TT or Tri bikes. Not flexible enough. Looking for a good endurance / sportive style.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyant View Post
    Thanks all - I am not looking for TT or Tri bikes. Not flexible enough. Looking for a good endurance / sportive style.
    Ribble Gran Fondo. It has a sportive geometry and you could get an excellent setup for the money you want to spend.

Grand Fondo with Ultegra R8050 Di2 and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset for £2,240.

Mechanical Ultegra and Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon wheels for £2,219.

Couple of bargains there.

Plenty more build options on the bike builder on Ribble...Etap, Campy, 105, Zipp, more Mavic wheel options.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Have to say, I just don't get Cannondales, bit of a marmite in my mind. I know plenty of people love the classic look, just not for me.
    When I went looking for a bike 2 years ago, I dismissed the Supersix as too brash and main-stream and tried Storck, Cipollini, Bianchi and Look. There was something not right about all of them. I was about to walk when in desperation the owner suggested I try the Supersix. I'm glad I listened, albeit reluctantly. It was a revelation, the ride was amazing - compliant yet responsive over a 5 mile test route on fast open roads, narrow ascents and descents. Plus it was the lightest in the shop at 6.4 kg and cost less than others that were close to it in spec and weight. When I got back beaming from ear to ear the owner said to his assistant: 'I knew he'd love it'.

The classic looks don't do anything for me either, I would have preferred a more modern looking frame with more subtle colour scheme and graphics but you can't argue with performance. As suggested earlier, the fact that Cannondale have not significantly changed the frame in 3 years, few if any are lighter, it gives little away if anything to competitors more recent offerings, and the pro team are still riding it, speaks volumes as to them getting it right first time.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 14th June 2018 at 5:08 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Grand Fondo with Ultegra R8050 Di2 and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset for £2,240.

Mechanical Ultegra and Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon wheels for £2,219.

Couple of bargains there.

Plenty more build options on the bike builder on Ribble...Etap, Campy, 105, Zipp, more Mavic wheel options.
    I went on Ribble and couldnít get Grand Fondo with Di2 unless I went discs, and then it was £3.4k with them wheels. Is that a special somewhere?

I went on Ribble and couldn’t get Grand Fondo with Di2 unless I went discs, and then it was £3.4k with them wheels. Is that a special somewhere?
    Try the advanced bike builder for the Gran Fondo:
    https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribbl...ld/#json_hash=

Don't dismiss an Aero frame bike... there is some secret sauce going on with them. I have this one for example.
    https://www.argon18bike.com/en/bikes...nitrogen-white

Its actually amazingly comfortable over very long rides, but there is a bit of extra versatility there if you need to slam the front and stick tri-bar extensions on. You can even reverse the seatpost for a TT position.

You can improve your flexibility with exercise/stretching.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Try the advanced bike builder for the Gran Fondo:
    https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribbl...ld/#json_hash=
    Ribble, especially the Gran Fondo seem amazingly tempting until you realise they don't quote weights. I'm always suspicious when manufactures don't do that but when I did my research (i.e. actually phoned Ribble and asked them) the Gran Fondo was coming up at least 1kg heavier than equivalent from most of the opposition and this appeared across the range. Also looking at reviews there have been some warranty issues. Both these comments relate to when i was looking for a new bike 2 years ago so things may have changed and they remain outstanding value for money so this may sway the decision but while I can afford it I'd still rather pay a little more for peace of mind.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 15th June 2018 at 10:38 AM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.