Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

So, this world cup lark then...(plus the second and third tests against SA)

Are you gonna be watching?

Do you care?

Do England have a chance?

Can they win in a penalty shootout yet?

Will you be supporting any other home nations?

Will Kane finally show his club form and scoring prowess for his country?

Will there be bother from the Russian ultras?

Who's going to win?

Will there be vuvuzelas?

My answers;

Yes

Yes

No

Probably not

Lol. Does France or Australia count?

Probably not

Probably

Too close to call. Germany are my favourites. Love watching them play, but Spain could be worth a punt, even without a manager. It may also be Belgium's time to shine. Full of world class players. Brazil and Argentina have a good shout too.

For the love of God, I hope not!
    Last edited by Nick1020; 15th June 2018 at 3:53 PM.

[QUOTE=Nick1020;437366]

Are you gonna be watching? Only if I have nothing better to do than watch the telly and there's no cycling on another channel.

Do you care? No

Do England have a chance? No

Can they win in a penalty shootout yet? Noooh

Will you be supporting any other home nations? There aren't any!

Will Kane finally show his club form and scoring prowess for his country? Possibly

Will there be bother from the Russian ultras? Probably

Who's going to win? Germany

Will there be vuvuzelas? No you fool this 'ain't Africa
    Last edited by coolboarder; 15th June 2018 at 9:06 AM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Will watch Eng but that's about it. Hope they do OK although rugby much more important so Eng v SA tomorrow way more crucial to me. But ultimately I hope they do OK, footballers as a generalisation are a bunch of overpaid tossers but a few of this lot seem half decent (Kane, Dier etc).
    All the gear and no idea.

Do you care? I enjoy some of the better games, and its a fun thing every 4 yrs.

Do England have a chance? You never know...

Can they win in a penalty shootout yet? Probably not, if history is a guide.

Will you be supporting any other home nations? Were there any, I would show them the same support that they typically show the English. (edit to add with the Honourable exception of Muffin above)

Will Kane finally show his club form and scoring prowess for his country? Defo. I've high hopes for that Beckham fella too.

Will there be bother from the Russian ultras? Yup. On a more serious note I'm also worried about terrorist attacks.

Who's going to win? England.

Will there be vuvuzelas? Plastic spoons apparently.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Are you gonna be watching? # Only certain teams

Do you care? # not really. It is entertaining but am not a big football fan.

Do England have a chance? Yes, why not. Not saying it's likely though.

Can they win in a penalty shootout yet? Dunno

Will you be supporting any other home nations?
    Yes, any team from UK. Other than that Poland and Germany.

Will Kane finally show his club form and scoring prowess for his country? Kane only knows

Will there be bother from the Russian ultras? Hope not... there's enough tension as it is.

Who's going to win? West Ham United or Germany��

Will there be vuvuzelas? No, but Kalashnikovs��

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Was hoping we would hold strong and nothing would be mentioned on here haha.

Don't mind watching the England games in the pub, like the atmosphere. But really not fussed, my colleagues have been going bat sh!t crazy. Talking about it non stop for a month, one even put together at daily quiz for them all that lasted two weeks and then created a leaderboard from the daily scores. I sh!t you not. He came in early every day to do the admin!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I'm no patriot and really don't care if England win or lose. I used to shift support to the team left in the competition with the most Arsenal players. But I've even gone off the Gunners lately with all the internal politics over Arsene Wenger over the past couple of seasons.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    At least the roads will be quiet whilst England loose another game after another.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Are you gonna be watching?Will try to watch England then will watch the Final.

Do you care?Not as much as I used to.

Do England have a chance?Possibly but slim.

Can they win in a penalty shootout yet?They've had enough practice.

Will you be supporting any other home nations?No that is just wrong.

Will Kane finally show his club form and scoring prowess for his country?If he does then England could do well!

Will there be bother from the Russian ultras?Yes.

Who's going to win?Germany or Brazil(but Spain are and outside bet and it's hard to judge Argentina).

Will there be vuvuzelas?Hopefully not.

I don't think the World Cup is as popular in England as it was in the 90s/early 2000s.The pubs aren't half as busy(possibly down to pricing/no Smoking?).There just doesn't seem to be the same build up or atmosphere as there was to say Italia 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post

I don't think the World Cup is as popular in England as it was in the 90s/early 2000s.The pubs aren't half as busy(possibly down to pricing/no Smoking?).There just doesn't seem to be the same build up or atmosphere as there was to say Italia 1990.
    [/B][/I]
    Yes I was pondering that... not half as many vans with flags on etc, and little 'buzz'.

Probably after crashing out of the Euros, and a lacklustre performance in the last 2 world cups the English public are losing faith.

Drinking out these days is massively expensive compared to stocking up at the supermarket and money is tight for many.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone