Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Yes I was pondering that... not half as many vans with flags on etc, and little 'buzz'.

Probably after crashing out of the Euros, and a lacklustre performance in the last 2 world cups the English public are losing faith.

Drinking out these days is massively expensive compared to stocking up at the supermarket and money is tight for many.
    Re the Flags.It seems now that the England Flag,or St Seorges Cross is seen as more of a racist emblem rather than a patriotic one.The prominence of the EDL and Britain First etc,coupled with Social Media have tarnished the image.I've walked our dog around the estate (for what it's worth it's a private,working class(if that still exists??) estate if that has any bearing)and have not seen one flag on either car or building other than a Sheff Weds flag that a neighbour has hung in her window 365 days a year.
    It's just different now.Maybe the fact that we haven't hosted a WC since 1966 and don't look like we will anytime soon is a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Will watch Eng but that's about it. Hope they do OK although rugby much more important so Eng v SA tomorrow way more crucial to me. But ultimately I hope they do OK, footballers as a generalisation are a bunch of overpaid tossers but a few of this lot seem half decent (Kane, Dier etc).
    I'll be glued to the telly for the second test against SA too.

Really don't understand why EJ has put Brown on the wing again?!? He hasn't got the gas for a winger. The try he scored last week owed just as much to poor SA defence than Brown's wing play, and more to the point SA scored 3 tries on Brown's wing. Daly and Brown need to shift places.

I think our backrow looks better this time out. Robshaw looks spent and Shields, Curry and Vunipola looks a better balance of carrying and disrupting.

Bench looks ok, but you just know Eddie will take Ford off to put Farrell at 10 and Cipriani could end up anywhere to accommodate this. Ford was instrumental in everything good we did in attack last week. It's a shame he is never trusted to see a game out, and no matter what Farrell does in terms of missed tackles, flying out of the line, poor tactical kicking, he'll always be the golden boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post

Really don't understand why EJ has put Brown on the wing again?!? He hasn't got the gas for a winger. The try he scored last week owed just as much to poor SA defence than Brown's wing play, and more to the point SA scored 3 tries on Brown's wing. Daly and Brown need to shift places.

I think our backrow looks better this time out. Robshaw looks spent and Shields, Curry and Vunipola looks a better balance of carrying and disrupting.

Bench looks ok, but you just know Eddie will take Ford off to put Farrell at 10 and Cipriani could end up anywhere to accommodate this. Ford was instrumental in everything good we did in attack last week. It's a shame he is never trusted to see a game out, and no matter what Farrell does in terms of missed tackles, flying out of the line, poor tactical kicking, he'll always be the golden boy.
    You've hijacked your own thread!!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    You've hijacked your own thread!!
    Muffin started it...plus I've just edited the title

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Any way - its LE MANS this weekend - so glues to tv watching that.

Not the same without the Audi prototype cars - but... we will have to make do.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post

It is odd. EJ has a definite soft spot for Brown though but agree if Brown on field then fullback is the position. When fit the best combo back three are May, Daly and Watson. May is a bit of a space cadet but so quick and Watson is class. Robshaw a good player but unfortunately he rarely stands out and is just a work horse. His time has gone surely as he's not the player to come on after 60 mins a la an EJ finisher. Billy V just needs to get match fit to have proper impact. Launchbury back in side will help 2nd row, massive engine and carrys really well. As for Farrell/Ford/Cips, hopefully if Ford goes off then Cips at 10 and Farrell 12. Not got Sky so will listening on radio on way home from family lunch thing tomorrow.

Finally, I'd have Chris Ashton in squad as well. Real shame he's been left out in the cold and hence went to take the Euro in France as he is a fantastic player and a try machine. Yes he has some defensive issues but no more than Brown on the wing!
    Last edited by Muffin; 15th June 2018 at 4:15 PM.
    All the gear and no idea.

Watching Morocco Vs Iran at the moment and I'm sure I can hear those blasted vuvuzelas!

I still got mine from SA....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaphhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    It is odd. EJ has a definite soft spot for Brown though but agree if Brown on field then fullback is the position. When fit the best combo back three are May, Daly and Watson. May is a bit of a space cadet but so quick and Watson is class. Robshaw a good player but unfortunately he rarely stands out and is just a work horse. His time has gone surely as he's not the player to come on after 60 mins a la an EJ finisher. Billy V just needs to get match fit to have proper impact. Launchbury back in side will help 2nd row, massive engine and carrys really well. As for Farrell/Ford/Cips, hopefully if Ford goes off then Cips at 10 and Farrell 12. Not got Sky so will listening on radio on way home from family lunch thing tomorrow.

Finally, I'd have Chris Ashton in squad as well. Real shame he's been left out in the cold and hence went to take the Euro in France as he is a fantastic player and a try machine. Yes he has some defensive issues but no more than Brown on the wing!
    Your back 3 choices look good and I think that will be what we see come the world cup. Real pace on both wings. Daly has such a good rugby brain on him too, plus his 50+ metre boot is a nice addition. Watson should really be keeping the full back shirt for years.

Not sure I'd have Ashton back though. His try against the Aussies at Twickenham was one of the greatest I've seen and yes at club level he scores for fun, but he actively avoids tackling which at test level is a huge issue. Brown being out of position is a defensive issue, but put Brown at full back and he's then reliable as the last line of defence.

As a wildcard, I'd like to see Wade get a few chances. I'm not sure I'd start him, but as a bench/finisher option, he has serious gas and a step to turn the opposition inside out.

I'm a Wasps fan and would love to see Wade get a shot but I think EJ thinks he's too small. His pace and footwork the best since Jason Robinson.
    All the gear and no idea.