Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I like looking at Ariana Grande, ye gods!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I'm going to see Paul Simon and James Taylor in Hyde Park in July. Saw Crosby, Stills and Nash in Brighton last year (or might have been the year before).
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Techno crap - Tush…

Hard Rock - from the likes of Deep Purple, Rainbow, Van Hallen, through to glam rock, Kiss, Motley Crue, GNR, Iron Maiden, and all stuff inbetween.

also into Classical and 1960/70 pop. Just got the Top of the pops series from 1060 - 1985 - wow there's some music on there I haven't heard in a long time.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Haha, turned out she is a number of my fellow dads' secret crush!

Girl can sing too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVYTzauIb_4
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Vlad - You weren't there, you're too old, sorry about that.

PRS - Undoubtedly, she is next level.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    She might be nice to look at but her music is for teeny bops. As said I hate modern pop music, as does my musician daughter who agrees they don't make 'em like they used to! TBH I'd not heard of Ariana Grande before the Manchester bomb and apart from that probably still wouldn't have.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    She is milking the experience for all she's worth.

Bet she had even left the hall through the back before the idiot blew him self up.

Hopefully - we wont get another expeirence like that - innocent people getting hurt, notice they dont take on the Armed Forces.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I rarely listen to music in the house and if I do I just stick the radio on through Sky.I generally listen in the car.I can't remember the last time I actually bought an album and don't do downloading or listening on phones.I never "got" Walkmans in the 80s and sticking little plugs in my ears whilst walking/riding along still doesn't appeal.
    I've got everything from Dylan and the Beatles to Punk,Metal,Thrash and 80s Electronic to Sprinsteen and Hillbilly in the car.
    My go to driving music(when I'm on my own) is SLF,Exploited,UK Subs,Clash,Pantera,Machinehead,GnR,Metallica,Green Day.Jam,Specials,Pogues.
    The last few days though I've been playing a CD I bought about 13 years ago called "Let there be Rock-Grass" by Hayseed Dixie.Blue-Grass/HillBilly covers of AC/DC,Aerosmith,Darkness etc.I thought it was genius in 2005 and still think they are now
    I was in my late 20s/early 30s when the Techno/Rave thing became really popular and I hated it then and IMO it hasn't aged well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    She is milking the experience for all she's worth.

Bet she had even left the hall through the back before the idiot blew him self up.

Hopefully - we wont get another expeirence like that - innocent people getting hurt, notice they dont take on the Armed Forces.
    Yes a particularly heinous attack, knowing the majority there were teen and pre-teen girls. It chills me to think that my 11 yr old daughter was begging to go to that very concert but I was too tight to shell out and go up to manchester mid week!

Soldier of Islam eh big man... cnut more like.

Anyways, back to the thread, which is a good one. There is plenty of great modern music, you just have to look for it. A lot of us look back fondly to the music of our youth... I bet parents at the time would have said what the hells that racket, nothing decent written since Bill Hailey and the Comets/Beatles etc. Its important to keep an open mind, there are some gems out there.

A couple of random tunes I've liked recently-ish...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvV4wFIgV14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y56lpXvXbs0

A shameless plug for a new tune from friend's band...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwHKmbYMSQs

CB- has your daughter's band got anything on Youtube?
    Last edited by PRSboy; 15th June 2018 at 1:49 PM.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    CB- has your daughter's band got anything on Youtube?
    Do a search for Black Bullets. (try this) otherwise there's mostly stuff from before she joined or just biopics with her (She's Alice by the way).
    Last edited by coolboarder; 15th June 2018 at 2:11 PM.