Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time

This is what gives cyclists a bad name. Windsor Triathalon

Wife showed me this on Facebook this evening.

What a load of fooking tossers these are.

They deserve to be all prosecuted by the Police and indeed banned from all future events.

Now don't get me wrong - being a cyclist and the husband to a wife with 2 horses - I might be biased - but I will let you all judge for yourself what you think.

Even the first few riders should have slowed down and shown respect - or they might have had the unfortunate occasion to have a horse land on top of them...

Have a view of the video in this link.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160461101440635&id=59735063 4

The Organisers of the event - Human Cycle Events have apologised for the actions of the cyclists and are intending to ban them from future events. Police have also been informed and have the footage.

"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I saw that, and have to wonder how she wasn't aware it was on as it was an annual event that was probably well advertised with lots of warning signs out as well. Or maybe she was.....

Not good at all, perhaps unsighted until the last moment and bailed on the inside. Id like to think they wouldn’t have been anywhere near the horse, had they had a clear view.
    As for slowing down???

Bunch of arseholes. Absolutely no excuse for that behaviour. Most of the riders didn't give adequate room, let alone slow down to a sensible speed and as for the twats going on the inside, that is just stupid beyond all belief.

It's hard to defend cycling with that kind of evidence. That has really boiled my piss.

I live close to the sticks so pass my fair share of horses in the lanes. Quite often a segment I plan on having a go at has to wait for another day, as I have to slow down in order to overtake, or pass horses coming the other way. As much as I love getting a PB, I would never take a chance.

I was riding through the lanes to Caerphilly yesterday and at the end of Pentrepoeth Road, there's a sharp right over a bridge that crosses the Rhymney river. Just as I turned right, I saw a bloke on a horse coming towards me on the bridge. I hit the brakes, came to a standstill to let him pass as it was a bit narrow and as I switched my front light off as it was on strobe mode which may have freaked the horse. The fella was very grateful, but the point was it cost me about 10 seconds of my ride and no hassle, abuse, danger inflicted on another road user.

That's bad...well bad....I live a few miles from Epsom downs ( home of the Derby)... so there are always a few horses on the road..we not only slow right down but give them a very wide berth....event or no event you've got to respect other road users

That cyclist needs a horseshoe shoving where the sun don't shine. First degree twattery, deserves a 'furious riding' charge.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

It was alright up to the point the one went on its inside just as a mass passed on the offside. That horse was well trained and the rider well in control which is just as well for the cyclist but horse riders don't always do themselves a favour by riding two abreast down narrow lanes and not giving room for cyclists to pass then get arsey when the horses are spooked.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    It was alright up to the point the one went on its inside just as a mass passed on the offside. That horse was well trained and the rider well in control which is just as well for the cyclist but horse riders don't always do themselves a favour by riding two abreast down narrow lanes and not giving room for cyclists to pass then get arsey when the horses are spooked.
    Indeed. A few weeks ago was on a ride down a back road and saw a horse and rider well ahead of me and she was riding pretty much in middle of road. Anyway when I got closer I slowed right down then stopped about 20 yards away as a car was coming in other direction so room be tight. As the car passed the horse it went mental rearing up etc. I stayed stationary until the rider got horse under control then cautiously rode past, as I did she said the horse was a bit crazy(!). I politely pointed out that if a horse was known to be a bit crazy then maybe public roads not the best place to ride them. She wasn't overly impressed.
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    No excuses for that, sure most of us have chucked one up the inside on our bikes and in our cars, there is a time and a place and manner in which it is to be done. Not with horses though, utter madness! This was on another level, utter tw4ts, seriously lucky no one got hurt including the horse. There was tons of space to go right on to the other side of the road and pass carefully.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I politely pointed out that if a horse was known to be a bit crazy then maybe public roads not the best place to ride them. She wasn't overly impressed.
    I quite often have this conversation. We should respect the right for horse riders to be on the roads but they often don't do themselves any favours. But you can't win, I was asked to move on by one horse rider when I stopped because it apparently didn't like men wearing bright clothes standing still!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.