Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Seeing horses trying to use a phone really annoys me. They have problems with trying to swipe the screens with their hooves.
    They use the latest LG phone...The L-GG (see what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Yes a bit of a catch 22 situation, in that you can't get a horse used to traffic etc without exposing them to it.
    You walk it in the road in the company of experienced horses and responsible adults leading it from the offside* and then slowly introduce stooge road traffic. You then ride it in the company of other experienced horses and riders so it is slowly habituated. Despite this, there will be horses which by nature are too nervous/flighty to go on the road and the owners should accept this is the case, same as there are drivers and even cyclists who should not be on the road!!

*A while back I was cycling down a lane and a horse was coming towards me with a young girl leading it from the nearside. It saw me and started fidgeting badly. This girl shouted at me to slow down which I did but wasn't best pleased when I advised her she should be leading it from the offside so as to give it a reassuring protective shield. Not a lot of good if some dickhead overtakes on the inside though!!!!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Not sure if the following has had the same media impact as the incident involving the dickhead triathletes and a horse:
    https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...r-not-13134831

How on earth has that driver escaped prosecution?!?

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    That’s right near me, happened a year or two ago. Not good, rider being so high up a saving grace.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Yes remember that - wife had a fit over it. Nasty. Total dickhead driver and how they never got to court I'll never know - should of been banned. It could have been kids walking to school let alone horses and riders.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Looks like he entered the bend far too fast and understeered on the wet road, then drove into the horses rather than down that other road.

Didn't look like a 'low level traffic offence' to me, should surely have been careless driving.

The double standards of the British media and justice system are beyond belief.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    You know don't you! Inept driving at best, as you point out, even had a bail out option but didn't take it.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Drink driving is punished on the principle that it in itself is a crime regardless of whether you actually do any harm whilst DUI. It seems inconsistent to me that this guy got off on the basis that his careless driving resulted only in minor injury to the riders and horses. That was luck.

I don't know the area, but it looks like a 30 limit, no way was he doing 30 on the way into the bend.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Don't wish to trivialise it but the rider on her feet seems to be bothered more about her horse than her friend still lying on the ground or the other one wandering away. Being a vet I particularly like the bit about one of the horse being 'nursed back to life' - they both looked pretty alive to me and if something is dead no amount of nursing is going to bring it back to life!

Agreed the dick should have been prosecuted and deserved a custodial sentence even for leaving the scene of an accident.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    if something is dead no amount of nursing is going to bring it back to life!
    Errr - excuse me - I've been dead and brought back several times, Mind you - Mrs Vlad wishes I was just buried...…
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!