Thread: Ribble Ti

Ribble Ti

I see Ribble are now (OK, I missed it if it's not new..) doing their own Ti frames. Very nice.

Ti is a bit like Steel..an aquired taste.
    Has never really done it for me but I do like the raw look on some.

Have you ridden it? Soooo comfortable yet stiff -pretty much perfect really!

I had mine polished which looks pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    Have you ridden it? Soooo comfortable yet stiff -pretty much perfect really!
    Is it really worth the premium over a quality custom built steel frame? Carbon fibre and the way it can be dialed to give whatever ride you want has superseded it in IMO. Longevity is a bit of a plus and could justify the cost but do you really want to be riding the same bike in 30 years time when fashion and technology has moved on?
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Definitely an older generation thing, only know the more seasoned gents with Ti bikes or ambitions.

That's Ti no Thai
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Definitely an older generation thing, only know the more seasoned gents with Ti bikes or ambitions.

That's Ti no Thai
    Talking of the older generation I was once tempted by Ti because it was lighter than steel but a) it was too expensive and b) had a reputation for being too flexible. Modern Ti frames have stiffened up but then they've lost the comfort advantage they had as aluminium and carbon are both lighter and cheaper and can be dialed for comfort or stiffness. The only advantage now, as said, is that they last forever if that's what you want and if you have an old school Ti frame that's super spongy for long leisurely rides. I'm not convinced by OBI WAN's assertion but then I admit I've never tried one.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    I'm not convinced by OBI WAN's assertion but then I admit I've never tried one.
    Nuff said!!!

They'll also stay in one piece if you have a crash or drop the shopping on 'em

My Dad has an old Ti road bike, from the early 80s. A thing of beauty it is, even has polished Ti forks.

There is some secret sauce going on with the ride feel, to be sure.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone