Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Fave TV shows

  1. #11
    Senior Member coolboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Iver, Bucks
    Posts
    10,312
    Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    Am confused. I thought that's how forums work in general. If a member does not find a particular thread interesting or worth contributing to, they do not respond.
    Glad you put in a smiley because I'm the first to hijack a thread and go off at a tangent. If you're not careful I'll start one on skiing/snowboarding and live up to my forum name!!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Boxhilljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London baby
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post

    Otherwise I'm an addict for the news, got to be BBC 1 though. One has to maintain standards...
    I on purpose try not to watch BBC....because I don't think I should pay a license fee...yeah in the old dayz there was only 3 channels....but now there are hundreds...yet we still have to cough up...why??

  3. #13
    Senior Member Gasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    out on the wily, windy moors
    Posts
    2,728
    I watch Antiques Road Trip obsessively and I used to watch Shed and Buried. Oh, and TdF.

    Mrs. watches NICS and QVC and Bake up. Currently watching world cup, Argentina v Croatia was a strange one, 3-0 to Croatia.

    I am surprsied CB does not watch Super Vet or whatever it is called with Prof. Noel Fielding.
    Last edited by Gasper; 22nd June 2018 at 10:13 AM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member coolboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Iver, Bucks
    Posts
    10,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I on purpose try not to watch BBC....because I don't think I should pay a license fee...yeah in the old dayz there was only 3 channels....but now there are hundreds...yet we still have to cough up...why??
    You're paying it regardless so why not watch it?

    There is some confusion here like dickhead motorists who think we should pay road tax when they're not paying it themselves, they're paying car tax. You are paying the government to control the radio airwaves otherwise it would be mayhem. You may not realise but if you use Sky or a mobile phone operator part of the service you're paying for is because they have to pay a license fee which is passed onto the user.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

  5. #15
    Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Posts
    7,672
    Just brouht the Alo Alo box set.

    But no one has mentioned Game of Thrones.

    and I love my Gerry Anderson series...
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

    God - why am I so great !!!


  6. #16
    Senior Member portia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Glad you put in a smiley because I'm the first to hijack a thread and go off at a tangent. If you're not careful I'll start one on skiing/snowboarding and live up to my forum name!!
    The power of a smiley face sign. One (technically two or three) character and you can get away with anything.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    But no one has mentioned Game of Thrones.
    Oh yes they have
    Classics like Fools and Horses, Python, Fawlty Towers etc. I love the Morse/Lewis/Endeavor series as well. Game of Thrones I've got into and also currently watching Westworld. The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul all superb and bear repeat viewing.
    All the gear and no idea.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I on purpose try not to watch BBC....because I don't think I should pay a license fee...yeah in the old dayz there was only 3 channels....but now there are hundreds...yet we still have to cough up...why??
    I can see your point but BBC has waaaaay better content than 99.99% of rest put together. Blue Planet I and 11, other wildlife stuff, superior dramas to most, eg Line Of Fire. I don't watch much t.v but when I do almost always BBC. As always it's personal choice. You lot probably into Love Island.....
    All the gear and no idea.

  9. #19
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Bridge over the River Cam
    Posts
    5,169
    What's everyone using for puncture repairs on the bounce? Anyone use sticky patches?

    My attempt at off-topic on-topic chat, well it had to happen that one day the off-topic was actually on-topic =)

    A few of my faves..

    The Wire
    GOT
    Gomorrah (Italian Series, facking awesome)
    Utopia (Best UK series there ever was)
    Walking Dead (gone off it now tho)
    Breaking Bad
    Sherlock (BBC)
    Brian Pern (BBC Music mocumentary)
    The Office (Original)
    The Mimic

    That I can think of now....
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Posts
    1,270
    Yes Sherlock - utterly superb.
    All the gear and no idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •