Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

Call Mulder and Sculley, blowout from nowhere!

Was riding sedately home as my legs are fatigued when bang, huge blowout at the front. It was so loud I thought someone had thrown a firework at me.

Was so explosive the bead had unshipped from the rim where the tube exploded.

Removed the tyre, no visible problems with the tyre, the rim, or the rim tape. The inner tube had a hole in it the size of a cigarette cherry. The hole was on the inside by the rim tape and not the tyre.

Inspected everything again, whacked a new tube in and blasted a co2 canister into the proceedings.

No idea what caused it, yeah the tyres are past their best but thereís no visible cause.

Why is it super strange inner tube activities always happen in the Summer huh?!

Could have been really nasty had I been going quickly, lent over or in heavy traffic.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    The hole was on the inside by the rim tape and not the tyre.

Inspected everything again, whacked a new tube in and blasted a co2 canister into the proceedings.
    It goes without saying you checked for spokes poking through the rim tape?!

Another reason to go join me in the tubeless revolution.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Just out of interest Marty...have you changed the inner tube recently?....I only ask because I have more than once put a tube in wrong on the road tyre....either a twist in the tube or the tyre wasn't seated properly....no damage to the tyre.. but fook me what a noise....does shit you up a bit

Checked everything and checked again, had one tube one canister to get home.

Im lost if I know what happened there.

Im trying to not spend any money on my beloved cycling, a PM would be up before new wheels me thinks anyways.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Boxxy, whacked my old Pro4s on there about 6-8 weeks ago.

It makes you think.....you was talking about how old tyres should be before you change them... ur what About inner tubes??
    lets say your lucky enough to go without a puncture for the same age as the tyre...do you change the ' lucky tube'...??

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    I would say that after studying the situation and the relevant evidence that the cause of the incident was due to an unexpected sun spot activity recorded in the 23rd parallel of the cycle of the sun.

This was recorded in the Pacific Ocean yesterday morning and the passage of the solar activity across the globe was studied on several continent's during its passage.

There were several reported incidents of unknown origins during this phase recorded on the Solar Activity Recording National Database.

I therefore suggest that this incident was also a Solar Sun Spot recordable incident.

Marty - please can you call them on the following number and report the incident to them.

020 7219 4682

Thanks very much.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I think everyone is ignoring the obvious cause...

Marty himself described the hole as the size of a cigarette cherry, so, hear me out, is there any chance he left a cigarette cherry inside the tyre?

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    I would say that after studying the situation and the relevant evidence that the cause of the incident was due to an unexpected sun spot activity recorded in the 23rd parallel of the cycle of the sun.

This was recorded in the Pacific Ocean yesterday morning and the passage of the solar activity across the globe was studied on several continent's during its passage.

There were several reported incidents of unknown origins during this phase recorded on the Solar Activity Recording National Database.

I therefore suggest that this incident was also a Solar Sun Spot recordable incident.

Marty - please can you call them on the following number and report the incident to them.

020 7219 4682

Thanks very much.

I called that number....I got though to a massage parlour....so I said your name Vamps ....and they said I could get discount this weekend for a full massage and hand shandy combo...since your their bestest customer

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Funny that Boxie as its the number for Borris Johnsons Office in London.

I googled it.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!