Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice!

Added to contacts

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    My bad luck continued, snuck a small 40 miler in yesterday morn. As I was returning home I thought my rear was feeling a bit strange. So I stopped and yep, slow puncture at the rear. On inspection, I could find thing to suggest there might be a hole, wonder if the valve failed?

Then having used my only get out of jail free card, spent the next 10m freaking out over every bump that I was losing pressure again.

So have bitten the bullet and ordered 2 new Power Comps that had come back in on Wiggle thankfully.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    So have bitten the bullet and ordered 2 new Power Comps that had come back in on Wiggle thankfully.
    The Mavic Pro UST tubeless tyres have yet to suffer a nick yet let alone a puncture. I'm slowly gaining confidence and did a 25 mile out and back ride on Sunday and deliberately put in some off-road bits which were strewn with gravel and grit. I admit I'm still paranoid and after every dodgy lane I stop and spin the wheels looking for cuts and flints but so far, with probably 300 miles notched up - zilch. Don't want to push my luck too far yet though so for my get out of jail card I've put a Uber app on my phone!

I've lost confidence in Michelin and now run Conti GP 4000 II on my other regularly used bike. It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the Power v Pro4 Marty.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Im already on Power's, CB, I love them but have not used the Contis.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Im already on Power's, CB, I love them but have not used the Contis.
    Those of you who have followed me on here for long enough will know that me talking down Michelin is close to sacrilege!

I have gone from a die hard Campagnolo/Michelin/Giro/SIDI/Garmin fan to a Shimano+/-SRAM/Continental/Met/Northwave/Mio aficionado. Only one thing remains sacrosanct - Sella Italia.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I have observed these changes, bold new world!

I confused you because the blowout on Friday was on the daily hack which is running my ancient Pro4s, the tyres are noticeably past their best.

The slow was on the Sunday best, again, I knew the tyres were past their best before TOC. Not going to mess around any longer with knackered tyres.

p.s. my Sidi Wires are still proving less comfortable than my old Sidis, hoping my feet and the shoes break in and they meet in the middle.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    My Powers are running fine and no signs of anything wrong..... not saying that word.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

p.s. my Sidi Wires are still proving less comfortable than my old Sidis, hoping my feet and the shoes break in and they meet in the middle.
    I have an old pair (20 years probably) of Sidi shoes which I didn't wear for many years after I stopped racing as I'd switched to SPD road pedals and shoes but when I got the Supersix two years ago I resurrected them and fitted Time Expresso cleats for my Mavic pedals (so that's another given gone as I had for many years advocated SPD road pedals/shoe combo). They're perfectly serviceable but look a bit dated in sliver/grey so I tend to wear them on the turbo but I wanted some new shoes to match my new bike (red and white). I then decided I wanted all white and bought the Northwaves but I still wear the Sidis when my feet are bit swollen as the forefoot is wider (like they will be tonight after a long hot day on my feet) and the upper more forgiving, than the Northwaves and TBH are they're all round more comfortable.

My findings with most things and tyres, are that you get good and bad copies.
    Ive had a four mile old Vitoria Corsa blow out on me, and it really hurt my feelings.
    GP 4000 are my go to tyre now but I’ve had crap copies as well. Especially concerning the sidewalls with these.