Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delivery...what a joke!!

Today was the best day ever...till delveroo f#%€$ed it up.
    i was too drunk/couldn't be arsed to cook a Sunday roast...let's get a takeaway!!
    yay!!...where I live we can get everything...today I fancied KFC...ordered before and it's here within Half hour...today...got a email say ...please let the deliveroo in your property...WTF!!
    i live in a house not a flat......the idiot is delivering to the wrong Addie .
    so I phone up and was told ...well you didn't let them in you still have to pay.....well a lot of shouting and naughty words followed....in the end....I'm getting my money back....but what a joke....and it's ruined a great day
    and I'm still starving now....needless to say...NEVER USING DELIVEROO AGAIN.....at least McDonald's use uber eats....much better service

anyone got any spare food ??...I still can't be arsed to cook!!....oh I don't do spicy food..other than that I'll eat anything

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    Today was the best day ever...till delveroo f#%€$ed it up.
    i was too drunk/couldn't be arsed to cook a Sunday roast...let's get a takeaway!!
    yay!!...where I live we can get everything...today I fancied KFC...ordered before and it's here within Half hour...today...got a email say ...please let the deliveroo in your property...WTF!!
    i live in a house not a flat......the idiot is delivering to the wrong Addie .
    so I phone up and was told ...well you didn't let them in you still have to pay.....well a lot of shouting and naughty words followed....in the end....I'm getting my money back....but what a joke....and it's ruined a great day
    and I'm still starving now....needless to say...NEVER USING DELIVEROO AGAIN.....at least McDonald's use uber eats....much better service

anyone got any spare food ??...I still can't be arsed to cook!!....oh I don't do spicy food..other than that I'll eat anything
    Says a lot about your diet if your alternatives were KFC or Mcdoos!

BTW we rarely have a Sunday roast even in the winter - what is the British mentality that this is compulsory?
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Yeah I hate it when they fook up a delivery.

When I was at work - we used to do the grub run. Go to the takeout place and order food for about 15 bobbies. Give them the order and make sure they had it correct. Pay for the grub and get back to find out there is still stuff missing and wrong food.

Used to hate it.

Grumpy bobbies all night.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I saw a Deliveroo rider not far from us the other day, goodness knows why as they don't operate near us out in the sticks. Maybe it was Boxxy's lunch...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

It was actully my tea....ended up getting a Chinese from just eats instead...much better service.
    But yeah one of the perks being in London is we can get everything....my mate who lives 1 mile down the road can't get half as much...
    but the best service so far is dominos pizza....I'm pretty sure 15mins is the record for them....I suppose it helps there are just over a mile away...lol.

CB....I don't really eat that much junk food...maybe once every 2-3 weeks, I don't do cafes/greasy spoons, Indian, Thai or anything spicy....

but i do do a Sunday roast every week.....it's the LAW ( ok I didn't do it yesterday but I'm doing it today and it's chicken)

so surely the 3rd most important question in cycling.....who has a Sunday roast each week?

so surely the 3rd most important question in cycling.....who has a Sunday roast each week?
    Clearly not me. Mrs CB is an excellent and adventurous cook and would not do something as boring as a roast every Sunday. That's not to say we never do (but if we do it would NEVER be at lunchtime so another law broken!) but if we have a roast its just as likely to be any day of the week and it will something out of the ordinary not just boring meat, roast tatties and three veg, even Christmas dinner will slightly exotic.
    As it was we had a barbie last night, both daughters at home with respective boyfriends who amazingly always seem to come round Sunday evening - CB hospitality is legendary. Its been several years since we've managed so many BBQs - I reckon we've had more this year so far than the past 3-4 years put together.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 25th June 2018 at 12:32 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    CB hospitality is legendary. Its been several years since we've managed so many BBQs - I reckon we've had more this year so far than the past 3-4 years put together.
    Excellent... what time shall we come round next Sunday for the inaugural RCUK summer bbq?

Nick, Boxxy and Marty will bring their decks for some music...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I work two Sundays from four and the two I'm off the missus works so it's very rare I do a Sunday Roast.We do however have one midweek every now and then but technically it not a Sunday Roast but just a Roast!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Excellent... what time shall we come round next Sunday for the inaugural RCUK summer bbq?
    ....erm I think its forecast to rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Nick, Boxxy and Marty will bring their decks for some music...
    No need, you forget I have a musician daughter and her boyfriend is one too, so they can give a live performance + we have a deck and plenty of vinyl so we're good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Clearly not me. Mrs CB is an excellent and adventurous cook and would not do something as boring as a roast every Sunday. That's not to say we never do (but if we do it would NEVER be at lunchtime so another law broken!) but if we have a roast its just as likely to be any day of the week and it will something out of the ordinary not just boring meat, roast tatties and three veg, even Christmas dinner will slightly exotic.
    Oh I'm sure none of us thought for one minute that the CB household would indulge in something so passé as a roast dinner - god forbid