Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ...a sharpened seatpost.

...and a cobbled section to ride over.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    There was the advert on tv that started it all off - about people in scandanavia hitting people with large salmon as they drove past them.
    Sounds like a Monty Python sketch!

I don't live in fear of it, like non-cyclists often question how we can go out on the road when they don't because they're scared of traffic - it never really crosses my mind, if things like this did we'd never go out at all. The only time I feel at all vulnerable is when I'm riding into the rising or setting sun and if it's blinding me it's likely blinding the driver behind me.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 27th June 2018 at 4:54 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    ...and a cobbled section to ride over.
    ...whilst covered in raw bacon, or whatever meat Grizzly Bears consider to be a delicacy.

Although, once they tried bacon, they'd not go back to salmon, and who'd blame them?

I think your punishment ideas are way too lenient. I would lock up the f***er in a room and force him to listen to Kanye West 24/7.

A similar incident. Fortunately not successful for the idiot.
    http://road.cc/content/news/244267-v...-kick-cyclists

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    I think your punishment ideas are way too lenient. I would lock up the f***er in a room and force him to listen to Kanye West 24/7.
    Fooking hell Ports, we're just trying to send a message to encourage safer driving. There's really no need for your draconian measures

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Fooking hell Ports, we're just trying to send a message to encourage safer driving. There's really no need for your draconian measures
    I get it but I'm somewhat concerned that your message is not loud and clear enough. In my world, there's no place for half-measures when it comes to cycling safety and tan lines sharpness.

On a serious note, all this is very worrying. To be honest, I'd rather things like that didn't get shared in non-cycling media as it can quickly escalate into a new fashion. As illustrated by recent mindless trends, ie. stabbings, acid attacks, some young people have no regards for human life whatsoever.

I kind of agree.

Looking at some of the comments on the Twitter feed where I saw the video earlier, some thought the video was hilarious and the cyclist had it coming.

What an utterly bizarre point of view from watching an unprovoked act of violence on a vulnerable road user.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    It would be even worse if he had to be in a locked room with Kim Kardashian and Katie Price talking to them non stop.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

There was a staggering amount of anti-cyclist rhetoric whipped up by the media, plus social media platforms in response to that twat causing the death Kim Briggs in London. New laws were demanded and are being considered.

There doesn't seem to be much defence for cyclists for the regular abuse, assaults, intimidation as well as the more serious incidents, some of which are fatal. It has become the norm. Now more than ever, I think cyclists need protection on the road. We need minimum safe passing distance at sensible speed laws, plus prosecutions for contact, and attempted contact.