Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shake rattle and roll

Last night during a pre bike check for today's ride I noticed the headset had a slight play in it...no worries easy fix.
    riding today it was as if someone strapped a pair of maracas to my bars...it was driving me nuts

tomoz I'm stripping the front end down ...I wonder what it is making that racket ?

Strange one Bearings, Mexican jumping beans?

Bit coins??

Yes please.. actually I ain’t got a scooby how bitcoins work, when it’s explained I go all blank and hot...bit like school.

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid Paris View Post
    Yes please.. actually I ain’t got a scooby how bitcoins work, when it’s explained I go all blank and hot...bit like school.
    Me too - have read the explanations many times, all the words make sense, the sentences are logical but once I've finished reading the explanation, I'm none the wiser. Frankly, quite pleased to see crypto currencies failing and losing their value so I can quit trying to work 'em out!

Don't get too hung up on how the minutiae of how cryptocurrencies work. They are actually very similar to 'normal' currencies, in as much as they are basically a computer record. The benefit of cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin is that they are not created at the whim of an authority or government, and the supply is finite.

Anything can be a currency, if its a recognized store of value (essentially a conventional currency is a promisory note)... the more widely recognised it is, the better.

The key difference between them and conventional currencies is that the Dollar, Sterling etc are government backed, which gives them a basis for valuation (and you can see what happens when this breaks down, e.g Real, Lira at the moment).

People also confuse the currency itself with the transmission system, ie blockchain, which is when it starts hurting. Hopefully Portia will be along to explain it to us as he seems to know about these things!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    My headset has very slight play in it. Don't seem to be a problem.

My main worry is the carbon crankset, every time I honk it up a steep hill on full power it creaks like mad and sounds like a wind up toy. When I get to the top and take the power off, silence again....

except for my lungs.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

That'll be your bearing Vamps ...easy enough to fix...what type do you have?.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    BB90 Sram GXP.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

With my headset I couldn't get enough tension on it unless I reversed the top cap to tighten it down, then nipped up the stem bolts to hold it together properly. I then removed the top cap and put it back on the right way up.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone