Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    BB90 Sram GXP.
    Never had that one..but at least you can just change the bearings and upgrade to all SS rather than GXP where the bearings are in the cups...best tip I got was to pack grease on the outside bearings once fitted , this stops dirt and water getting inside and prolong the life

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    With my headset I couldn't get enough tension on it unless I reversed the top cap to tighten it down, then nipped up the stem bolts to hold it together properly. I then removed the top cap and put it back on the right way up.
    The cap is only to compress the fork to frame...then the stem holds it in place once tighten...common problem people have is the spacer above the stem is too short ....yep I'm talking about me...ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    With my headset I couldn't get enough tension on it unless I reversed the top cap to tighten it down, then nipped up the stem bolts to hold it together properly. I then removed the top cap and put it back on the right way up.
    I take it the spacers are above the steerer?

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    I take it the spacers are above the steerer?
    Like Boxxy, the top spacer is a thinner one. I could resolve it by putting a bigger one on, but in the meantime, my fix worked fine.

In my defence the Nitrogen has a whizzy headset spacer system, with aero sections rather than conventional spacers.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

My Canyon headset uses the Acros AI-70 system. I'm not convinced on it TBH, too flimsy by half I reckon. Had bike a year and it's still OK but wonder on longevity.
    All the gear and no idea.

Well I've just taken the whole front apart....and laughed

it was the wedge that locks the steerer to the top cap...it had come off..lol

how I don't know as there was no play in the steering yesterday...but I'm not fussed as it gave me a chance to check and re grease the bearings....all sorted now

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    checked my bottom bracket and no signs of wear, rubbing bearings, movement at all - but it still clicks, clicks every time I put it under load uphill.

Booked into LBS now to see if SRAM are shit or not.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    checked my bottom bracket and no signs of wear, rubbing bearings, movement at all - but it still clicks, clicks every time I put it under load uphill.

Booked into LBS now to see if SRAM are shit or not.
    I had exactly this and couldn't work out what it was, seemed to be BB or headset. Turned out to be front QR. Only manifested itself under load and uphill and usually when out of saddle.
    I'm sure you have already done it but worth checking QR. I just dropped front wheel out, put back in and tightened up QR and voila, squeak sorted.
    Last edited by Muffin; 2 Weeks Ago at 3:32 PM.

Ah its not a squeak its a click click click sound and only comes under load and seems to come from the BB.

Only thing I can think of is the SRAM crankarms and not as strong as the Shimano carbon ones I normally use on the other bikes.

I'll do a recording tomorrow up a local climb and let you know if you can hear it.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Fair enough but I was convinced my noise was either BB or headset as it's so difficult to pinpoint creaks etc. I was very pleasantly surprised to find it was just QR and a simple, easy and costless fix. (Of course yours may well be BB etc).

I took the front wheel off today dude, whilst bike was on workstand - we will see tomorow
    Gene Simmons - Kiss