Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Ah its not a squeak its a click click click sound and only comes under load and seems to come from the BB.

Only thing I can think of is the SRAM crankarms and not as strong as the Shimano carbon ones I normally use on the other bikes.

I'll do a recording tomorrow up a local climb and let you know if you can hear it.
    Most likely its the BB bearings with a press fit over-sized BB. Tough wood the BB30 on the Supersix has been fine for the past 2 years. I wonder if its a pedal spindle as that would happen under the same circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I was very pleasantly surprised to find it was just QR and a simple, easy and costless fix.
    I had this when I bought some titanium QR spindles, there was just a bit of stretch in them which allowed a tiny bit of movement.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    At the risk of talking out of my harris again.... I didn't think SHIMono did CF cranks?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Vamps it'll be your BB bearings...we've all been there thinking it was something else...hell I've even brought a pair of £100 peddles on the back of the noise...and guess what??

it was the bearings...there is no real check for them as you won't beable to replicate the stress and check at the same time .

this thing with the crank arms....are we back to your 1000w again??.ha ha ha....are you worried you might actually break the crank arms with your super powers..ha ha ha

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Well you should see my thighs you know......
    Attachment 2135
    Yeah - ok - their not mine - but..... their close.
    Last edited by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp); 2 Weeks Ago at 12:21 AM.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Well you should see my thighs you know......
    Attachment 2135
    Yeah - ok - their not mine - but..... their close.
    Even the forum does not accept you thighs - it says invalid attachment

All this has made me think about servicing my BB. I can do standard threaded BBs blindfold but not having not had a BB30 before I went on-line looking for a YouTube video or similar to take me through it and find what tools I needed. On one a guy was saying that 90% of creaking from the BB area is not the BB itself but the chainring spider. Food for thought.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I changed the BB30 bearings on my Cannondale, pretty easy job just need the correct drift tool to remove then a simple press to install. I watched this video then did it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoUNL8FDweQ&t=563s

It wasn't creaking but one of the bearings seemed a little rough when I removed cranks to grease so as I had bearings and kit I changed them.

I enjoy a spot of fettling so happy to do it plus all other maintenance jobs on bikes so far. Possibly only thing I'd consider getting done professionally is a wheel rebuild on my DT Swiss wheels should they need it, but again only because the LBS would/should have a good wheel truing stand. I've "tweaked" my wheels already myself but a total rebuild I may not do.
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Show me some CF Shimano cranks whilst you're at it, Vladders!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."