Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    I can see how that might work in extremis, ie going through a 30 at 60+ as that would constitute dangerous driving.

Frankly people who drive through 30s at anything meaningfully above 30 should be pummeled mercilessly and their twitching bodies left at the roadside to be pecked by crows.
    Isn't that likely to result in more accidents with all the rubbernecking from passing motorists? Many of whom will be recording the scenes on their phones, so they can upload it to Facebook before they get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    If you contest what the officer says, refuse the ticket. They would surely have to charge you. How would they prove the speed in court, let alone convince the CPS to allow it to go to court when a prosecution would be hard to prove?
    That's what I would do.
    I always contest Fines from Speed cameras and have gotten away with Speed awareness courses on three occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    That's what I would do.
    I always contest Fines from Speed cameras and have gotten away with Speed awareness courses on three occasions.
    I think folk normally get offered a SAC for low-level speeding offences, not because you argue about the fine!

Worth a review the current penalties for speeding- the fines are draconian if you are above the lowest thresholds.
    https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/moto...ines-explained
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    I think folk normally get offered a SAC for low-level speeding offences, not because you argue about the fine!
    I don't just contest the fine I contest the speeding charge fullstop.The system is a con but it's quite simple to get around if you know what buttons to push.I wouldn't call 72mph in a 60 zone low level?
    I've been on three SACs in 5 years...but according to the system you're only allowed one every 5 years.
    ALWAYS contest it folks you'll be surprised what it can do.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    According to a Police officer on one of those "Police Interceptors" type programs if a Police Officer thinks you are speeding,even without any device,he can pull you and give you a ticket.
    So if someone sent a Video of a driver they thought was speeding couldn't a cop also make a decision based on what he or she thinks?

Whether the Officer on the programme was right or wrong I personally don't agree with that scenario
    He would never get it through Court - how could he prove that you were speeding - it has to be an approved device - he can stop you - and bollock you and do you for carless - but speeding not - unless his in a vehicle behind you recording the speed on approved device.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I don't just contest the fine I contest the speeding charge fullstop.The system is a con but it's quite simple to get around if you know what buttons to push.I wouldn't call 72mph in a 60 zone low level?
    I've been on three SACs in 5 years...but according to the system you're only allowed one every 5 years.
    ALWAYS contest it folks you'll be surprised what it can do.
    Actually 72 in a 60 would fall in band a, i.e a 3 pointer. In fact you can do up to 80 til you get to band B which seems high.

Bizzarely, doing 91 on a motorway would put you in band b, though I would argue that is intrinsically less dangerous than doing 40 in a 30, which would be band a.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Its a good job I'm not still at work - or you lot will be walking to the shops.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

The best thing is to have a dead dog in the back. I was stopped for doing 50 in a 30 limit by a roadside radar gun. There was a dead dog in the back I was taking to the surgery having euthanased it at home. It was too big to get it all into a standard body bag so its head was sticking out. I said to the officer, 'sorry but I'm rushing this dog back for emergency treatment and it will die I don't get it back immediately'. I could see his brain whirr: 'is this guy bluffing or is he serious and if the dog dies I will be responsible'. So he let me go with the parting words: 'OK sir but 50 is a bit excessive so try and keep it down the rest of the way'. The look on all the other driver's faces who'd been stopped was priceless - like, 'how did he get way with it'?

The problem is that you'd need a new dead dog every day as they start to niff a bit after a while, especially in this weather.

Addendum : I do always respect the limit on that bit of road now.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

That just remined me about a Night shift I did years ago....

Here is a picture of the suspect after he got arrested in the car..

phone1 012.JPG

and

Yes I did travel around all night with this in the back of my car.

It was found dumped on the central res and was fully complete and looked brand new. Stayed in the front office for a few days afterwards. Made people look twice when they came to complain.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

And just for a laugh....

This is my mates Traffic Bike after he had a bit of an unfortunate incident whilst travelling to a job on blue lights.

Attachment 2137
    26022010987.jpg
    He did have the piff taken out of him for that one.
    Last edited by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp); 2 Weeks Ago at 11:31 AM.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss