Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I got very addicted to the original Gran Turismo. Fantastic game, endless hours of fun. I remember getting up at 2am because I'd been thinking of how to save some time on one circuit and wanted to try it!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I think my little boys got vamps problem...when he gets a new game...he gets up at 5am ( the earliest I let him) and plays for a few hours before his mate get online...just so he can beat them...last month was fortnight ...this month Cruz 2... yeah we're pretty relaxed in my house....but come sept high school starts...no play till homeworks done...things will get serious!!...watch this space as someone could get a PS4 for free if he plays up

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Original Gran Turismo was next level, did you complete it, PRS?

Me n my housemate had 100%

HalfLife was great too, as were the ĎNeed 4 Speedsí.

Seeing how far gaming has come on, I want to get involved.... I just get bored after 10mins.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Original Gran Turismo was next level, did you complete it, PRS?

Me n my housemate had 100%

HalfLife was great too, as were the ‘Need 4 Speeds’.

Seeing how far gaming has come on, I want to get involved.... I just get bored after 10mins.
    Oh yes. I had millions of credits too but nothing else to spend it on in the end!

I had a tuned Calsonic skyline which monstered everything.

Trial Mountain was my favourite circuit.

It seemed astonishingly good at the time, but it looks very clunky now!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Shame we were in the wrong era, sounds like we’d have made a competitive pairing online!

You play the Porsche NFS?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

My boy is utterly addicted to Fortnite. I don't mind him playing the game, but he just loses his shit just about every day playing it. We restrict his internet usage at certain times through the router to encourage him to get his homework done and play outside. I'm not sure I could take him playing the game whenever he wanted. He just can't seem to cope with losing, or controlling his own volume when he loses!

I like the occasional game myself, but I can't be arsed playing online (except FIFA), as the kids are just so good, and then you have the douchbags using lag switches. When I play a game, like GTA or The Division, I play story mode and won't stop until I finish all the missions, and get 100%, but the boy isn't interested in doing it that way.

Yes, who knows Marty we might have been offered a drive with a real GT team!

No, not played Porsche NFS though I did enjoy Porsche Challenge (though it only featured the then new 2.5 Boxster. If memory serves, the lady virtual drivers you could choose were oddly hot). I enjoyed the other NFSs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    My boy is utterly addicted to Fortnite. I don't mind him playing the game, but he just loses his shit just about every day playing it.
    He's not alone, my best mate's 8yo son goes off the Richter scale when he loses on Fortnite. Appears a real problem!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post

No, not played Porsche NFS though I did enjoy Porsche Challenge (though it only featured the then new 2.5 Boxster. If memory serves, the lady virtual drivers you could choose were oddly hot). I enjoyed the other NFSs.
    Sorry, mate, that's what I mean. Had the GT1 on there didn't it and slightly more realistic physics engine to the NFS that came before it.

Oddly, my daughters got very excited about fortnite for a bit but seem to have lost interest, thankfully.

I think the one with the GT1 was a different game.. a quick google shows Need For Speed- Porsche Unleashed. Porsche Challenge only had the Boxster in, which was a bit limiting.

Once got addicted to Doom (yeah it was while ago), then hit the save button at the wrong moment - i.e. just as I'd died - so it went right back to the beginning. Damn I was annoyed. Never touched it again - or any other game since really - refuse to ever lose so much time to something so utterly pointless*

* My opinion only - not judging anyone - each to their own and all that - before someone e-lynches me