Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Lads new wheels.

Just picked up my sons new bike.

Battaglin Faster XS Carbon
    SRAM Rival 11-speed
    Vision Team 35 wheels
    OK so it's not the best thing out there but it's his first Carbon bike and his first with 700c wheels and the parts will transfer to another frame as he grows out of it

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    It's a yes from me.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Blimey... its smart!

Frame looks a little bit like a Dogma F8.

When I were a lad I had a bike made out of rolled up newspaper and a paper cup etc etc etc...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I wish I could get my son out riding more with me....that bike looks the mutz nutz

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post

When I were a lad I had a bike made out of rolled up newspaper and a paper cup etc etc etc...
    Exactly, I'd have given a part of my anatomy for the equivalent of that back in the olden days!!

I was thinking when out on my ride on Tuesday (as I often do because the pleasure I take from cycling is in a large part what I'm riding) that when I had my first rusty steel bike which weighed ton that I wouldn't have dreamed that I'd be riding round on a 6 kg £6.5K pro-tour bike later in life.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I wish I could get my son out riding more with me....that bike looks the mutz nutz
    Actually, a serious question... my soon to be 12 daughter is keen to get a road bike and ride with me... Mrs Boy says no as its too dangerous... any thoughts, platitudes that might help my case?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Actually, a serious question... my soon to be 12 daughter is keen to get a road bike and ride with me... Mrs Boy says no as its too dangerous... any thoughts, platitudes that might help my case?
    Well ...look at it this way,
    sooner or later our kids will be riding on their own ...so the earlier we get them on the road the better.
    the trouble with the kids today is we protect them too much..I was on the road with my older mate when I was around 7years old...I only took my son on the road this year ..after he did the cycle test ( can't spell it) at school and passed with flying colours...but even he gets nervous on a semi busy road...and he is 11
    mind you a fat bike is a bit wider than your normal bike

My son has attended GoRide sessions with his CC since he was 7 so is a very competent rider both in a group and out with me.Yes it can be dangerous out there but you can't wrap them in cotton wool.
    I suppose it helps that I can take him into the hills between Sheffield and Holmfirth so we get less traffic but he still has to negotiate pot-holes,road grime etc.
    He races(closed circuit) and enjoys it but truth be known he's happiest out in the hills with me,his mate and his dad
    Kids are a lot more savvy than we sometimes give them credit for.My lad took to riding in France like a duck to water when he was 8.Never phased him going the opposite way around roundabouts etc!My mates lad is 12 going on 13 and he's started letting him go out with a couple of his CC mates for an hour or so and he just tracks his Garmin.
    Maybe get MrsBoy to go and park somewhere en-route so she can see how your daughter is when she's out with you?
    Last edited by ibbo68; 2 Weeks Ago at 4:22 PM.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Always ride behind them so they know that Dads got their arse covered. Helps drivers keep away from your daughter. Tell the Mrs its better than Ballet Lessons and keeps her fit.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!