Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Always ride behind them so they know that Dads got their arse covered. Helps drivers keep away from your daughter. Tell the Mrs its better than Ballet Lessons and keeps her fit.
    ^^^This^^^^.
    I always ride behind him and a little further out into the road so anyone coming up behind us can see me.

Great advice and thoughts guys, cheers.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

My missus has always been very cool about it.Even when he fell off in France and broke his arm,on her 40th Birthday meaning she had to spend the night 60km away in Hospital with him,she was ok about it and made sure we go him back on his bike as soon as we could.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    ^^^This^^^^.
    I always ride behind him and a little further out into the road so anyone coming up behind us can see me.
    ^^^^^^^This with knobs on.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Bike came with a 110mm stem which is far too long on a XS frame.We tested it on the local cycle track and his lower back ached after 5 miles.I ordered an 80mm but fitted a 90mm I had in the garage in the meantime.We did a little hilly loop Sunday and although better it still look looked a bit long.The 80mm arrived today so we’ll see how he goes on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Actually, a serious question... my soon to be 12 daughter is keen to get a road bike and ride with me... Mrs Boy says no as its too dangerous... any thoughts, platitudes that might help my case?
    More dangerous than not exercising?

We've ridden on the road with young Master Hoose since he was 8 years old. My advice is teach them road sense, where and how to ride. His school did bikeability when he was in Year 5 and he enjoyed being Mr Knowitall and showing off his skills.

Look for opportunities to ride in a bigger group with her (when she's ready), safety in numbers! Find the quieter roads and try to stick to them if you can.

As already mentioned, ride behind her and a little further into the road. We've moved on from this now and tend to do some through and off to push us up the Strava leaderboards!

Master Hoose is now 12 and we're debating whether to let him go out on his own, or with a group of similar aged pals. I struggle to keep up with him now so the time is fast approaching when he'll need to try something else. Some of the lads from his club who are 15/16 are now going off doing 60+ miles training rides together.

I hope you can sort it out. Going out with the lad of a weekend, pushing each other on and stopping for a cheeky slice of cake is one of the highlights of my week.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    Just picked up my sons new bike.

Battaglin Faster XS Carbon
    SRAM Rival 11-speed
    Vision Team 35 wheels
    OK so it's not the best thing out there but it's his first Carbon bike and his first with 700c wheels and the parts will transfer to another frame as he grows out of it
    Sweet, how tall is he? That looks like a 50cm frame, a lot of seatpost exposed there!

He's 4'9" and it's an XS-45.5cm.
    The photo was taken straight from picking it up and the post is only a couple of inches above the TT now!
    The sizes for the Battaglin on Planet-X's chart really differ from their other stuff(a size S in only 48cm) but side by side to a Pro-Carbon S-50cm the XS Battaglin only looks marginally smaller so I reckon it's probably nearer 48cm?