Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old age SUCKS!!

I don't know why but I always forget about anti imflamities...so I took some ibruprofin yesterday and today my shoulder feels much better....which is good as I'm back to work on Monday

my kids first day at high school today.....do I embarrass him and walk him to skool...holding hands...ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Now I have another, legacy of my skiing accident in January when I fractured both my scapulae .
    I too fractured my scapulae...coming down boxhill in 2013, but I only did it on one side, that said there was about 4-7 fractures on it..( proper painful)...took nearly 4 months before I was allowed back at work...I think mainly because of the job I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I don't know why but I always forget about anti imflamities...so I took some ibruprofin yesterday and today my shoulder feels much better....which is good as I'm back to work on Monday

my kids first day at high school today.....do I embarrass him and walk him to skool...holding hands...ha ha ha
    For maximum embarrassment factor, accompany him in full MAMIL lycra gear
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    For maximum embarrassment factor, accompany him in full MAMIL lycra gear
    My kids have recurring nightmares about bumping into me when I'm in my lycra and they're with their school mates.

Quote Originally Posted by dickmarl View Post
    My kids have recurring nightmares about bumping into me when I'm in my lycra and they're with their school mates.
    I really don't understand this. My daughters have always been super-proud of their sporty dad. Elder one and her friends, when they were 15-16, even wolf whistled me one day when I was out running. When I was dancing on the tables topless in the Moosevert bar in St Anton on one ski trip (she actually told me to get up there) one of my friends asked her how embarrassed she was on a scale of 1-10 - '11'? She replied '-1, I'm proud of him, he taught me everything I know, he's cool and my hero'. It still brings a tear to my eye.

Maybe if you are a MAMIL with a less than erm...athletic physique this is telling you something.

PS Maybe there is a difference with the perception of the relationship of a son and a daughter with their father.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 7th September 2018 at 9:51 AM. Reason: additional text
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

"Wow you look so, so hot in lycra and padded bibshorts"

Said no woman, ever.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    "Wow you look so, so hot in lycra and padded bibshorts"

Said no woman, ever.
    Maybe if you're wearing them as a fashion accessory then you would not only look stupid but be a complete tit. But taken in context of their use so long as you have the body to go with it then sorry but I have been flirted with and admired on many occasions in my cycling kit.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    sorry but I have been flirted with and admired on many occasions in my cycling kit.
    Lots of trannys round your way then?...ha ha ha.

unlike my cycling buddies...I don't have a pot belly..not a six pack tho...sort of two pack..but then I'm only 10st...

as far as embarrassing the kids go...I'm pretty down with them....we're about the same height..lol

The only person I ever saw look good in cycling kit was Lucy Mecklenburgh.

Otherwise...

lycra.jpg

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    And we have all seen Boxey walking his kid to school before.

"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!