Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

End of season... hows it been for you?

Wow, so I've just had the first 'end of season' bike shop ads pop up. End of season already, surely not I reckon there are a few more weeks of balmy autumn rides possible.

Performance-wise the season did not get off the ground for me this year. I've enjoyed my cycling, but have not really hit much form... totally my fault as I've not really put the effort in.

Best thing this year has been getting out with mates who've just started and introducing them to the nuances of our sport. I feel like a mother hen shepherding the group up the road!

Hows it been for you this year... highlights, lowlights, anything you've learned?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I'm been getting bombard by bike emails all year.
    hows my season ??
    well nothing has really changed since last oct when I started Zwift ( although now I'm on RGT instead)...2 rides online and real ride on Sunday

real ride wise...my little Sunday group has not been as good as previous years...our founder has moved away....and has heart probs..but is on his way to recovery
    and the others have been here and there....which is good for me as I'm now the star rider....and I leave them behind on all the climbs.
    but the downside is ...I'm always waiting for them.
    should change this year tho as two are thinking about getting a wahoo .
    on the whole...it's been great... and I'm on target to get to 5000miles this year

I always consider the weekend that the clocks change to be the end of my season. So, plenty of cycling left as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    on the whole...it's been great... and I'm on target to get to 5000miles this year
    Is that real, out on the road, miles? If so pretty impressive - I'm on for my habitual 4,000 miles.

5k miles is excellent! I'll be lucky if I get anywhere near 5k km haha!

Clock change sounds like a good end of season marker. I will adopt it.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Sadly not REAL road miles....probally 2k is real...just don't have the time

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Well after doing nothing really last year, as working hard. I brought the Elite trainer in November and started to crank out on Zwift. Got to level 15 and then hen spring arrived got out on the roads on the new bike.

Despite not working at work anymore, I have plenty of work at home and have to help her indoors with her horses/ garden and now allotment as well.

So I am on a level of getting in about 3000 miles total this year, which isnt too bad for me. I have lost over a stone and a half as well.

Hoping to actually get out with my Club next Spring and do thier rides, I'll be much fitter by then and will have a good base and also loose a bit more weight to get down to about 13 1/2 stone or a bit less if I dont look too stupid.

I aim to end riding on roads about end of Oct time, but I can still possibly get out on nice dry days after that if I want - perks of being retired.

So far all in miles including turbo and road is 2252.38 miles. so I'm happy enough.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Season, what season? The conditions and my equipment just change and I might do 2-3 hr weekend rides instead of 3-4. I'm going for my last touring weekend on 22nd/23rd September which psychologically is an 'end of summer' point. I change from looking forward to cycling to looking forward to winter sports about mid October when the first ski/snowboard magazines start to arrive and I think about spending money on ski/boarding kit rather than bikes but I don't stop cycling.

However, the summer seemed to go on forever (and still is). I can't remember so many pleasant rides without a base layer and not having to worry about whether it might rain or not. Even the evenings seemed longer and lighter. I've averaged around 150 miles a week instead of my usual nearer 100 albeit that is also because, as said in another thread, I've cycled a lot more in the evening than run this year. So I'd say best summer season that I can ever remember.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:07 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Road miles so far this year only 1550 due to work and my other sports but with elevation gained of 112000ft so I've certainly put the work in I reckon. Where I live there's no other choice really.
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Road miles so far this year only 1550 due to work and my other sports but with elevation gained of 112000ft so I've certainly put the work in I reckon. Where I live there's no other choice really.
    So far I'm on 3,674.8miles and 293,024ft elevation

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    From my Garmin account for the last 365 days. And I did not start cycling till mid Nov last year.

Activities 111
    Total Distance 2,420.72 mi
    Total Activity Time 148:31:20 h:m:s
    Activity Calories 81,589 C
    Total Elev Gain 35,573 m
    Average Speed 16.9 mph
    Average Heart Rate 133 bpm
    Average Run Cadence --
    Average Bike Cadence 79 rpm
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!