Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There is an easy way to deter these Sales people.
    Just tell them you're building your next bike then mention a frame you know the don't/can't stock.Sure they'll try to sell you something similar but just tell them having done your research Frame-X is what you've decided on
    Worked when I was building my Nukeproof Mega FS and my Canyon Ultimate CF

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    No, it's a 10 year old bike worth very little, it has stood up well so far, sounds like a perfect winter steed to me, you like it and it works.

Yes that was a clever sales pitch IMHO, I dread going into my LBS because I know I will come away with a lighter wallet. Yesterday it was the new tarmac, I was within an inch of giving in, but must resist, must resist, the sales team are very good at what they do.
    I had some bloke come round the other day who said he had some tarmac left over from another job, was I interested... I can give him your details if you want?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    I had some bloke come round the other day who said he had some tarmac left over from another job, was I interested... I can give him your details if you want?
    Cheers PRS you da man

The new tarmac pro he showed me is basically like a venge, but without the aero section tubes ? I was shocked it was so different to my 3 yr old bike, it has the look of something Tom Dumoulin rides.

Cheers PRS you da man

The new tarmac, it has the look of something Tom Dumoulin rides.
    it comes with two bottle holders and a loo roll holder

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Yesterday it was the new tarmac, I was within an inch of giving in, but must resist, must resist, the sales team are very good at what they do.
    Oh - I need a new drive - got any spare
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Thanks for the comments folks.

Yeah, I think it was to a greater or lesser extend a deft attempt by the mechanic to try and get me to shed some spons in the shop. That said, I am tempted to get something cheap and simple to hack to and from work on in the winter months - maybe a disc-equipped singlespeed (I know discs are an abomination to Singlespeedista and it ruins The Karma, but those beardie-wierdie hipsters should try commuting through central London - I'm happy to emit bad vibes if it means stopping when some dipwit tourist steps into the road without looking). For now I'll keep riding the Soloist until I find something suitable to hack!

A lot to be said for a single speed with discs... sounds like a fun project.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone