Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying a Wahoo Kickr 2018

Hi,

After several years and several thousand miles on my current turbo trainer I've decided to take the plunge and get myself a Kickr (the one at £999). I know this is what I want and given my turbo mileage its more that justifiable to myself if not the wife and starving children.

I've got myself a 0% purchase credit card for 29 months but from what I can see, other than saving £10 as a new account holder (with Wiggle or Chainreaction) there are no other ways to save dosh or maximise other incentives (like Nectar Points). Does anyone have any ideas before I take the plunge?

I want to avoid secondhand/unknown dealers.

Ta

Leky

There are quite a few reports online about unreliable KICKRs... clonking and bearing noises. Maybe worth checking out before committing. There are other direct drive turbos worth considering.
    https://road.cc/content/forum/249950...rsion-and-core

The best time to get a deal on a turbo is presumably in the Spring/Summer, but that doesn't really help you!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Look at Topcashback and sites like that as well.

Think wiggle, through Topcashback is at 3.03%. Used it yesterday for a xmas purchase, so you can at least get something extra out of the deal

Me and Ports both have kickr's....can't say I've ever had a prob...Marty has the wahoo snap...don't recall any probs from anyone on here!!

very well made IMO

if you got British cycling membership you can get 10% off chain reaction ....I saved my mate £100 when he brought his kickr

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Oh, I mis read that - I thought Bioxie wanted a good kicking. Doah.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Took me a while to get back on to the thread....Thanks for responses.

So the best option was the British Cycling but on check its Get £10 off at Chain Reaction Cycles not 10%. Gutted.

Just read the "issue" thread and its put me right off given the cost! thanks PRSBoy. I'd commit murder if I spent that cash and felt I was being given the run around by the Wahoo or Wiggle/CRC if there were any issues. Look like some people just keep sending them back until one works. I'm just not interested in doing that.

I'll look into it again but I have a pathological hate of companies not fixing known issue silently selling stock until they absolutely must apply fixes. That is directed mostly at Suzuki Motorcycles...grrrr.

Cheers chaps.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Look - Tack neo with an extra 25% off

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/tacx-neo-direct-drive-smart-trainer/rp-prod138157?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium= email&utm_campaign=UK_23_10_18_tacx_Road%20B&utm_c ontent=United+Kingdom&spMailingID=20429938&spUserI D=MzYxOTQxOTM5NzU5S0&spJobID=1361308287&spReportId =MTM2MTMwODI4NwS2
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Changed to Tacx Neo which has surprised me. All reviews seem to say its superior in quality and whilst heavier and less easy to move, I'm heavy and I wont be moving it.

Tip to anyone else: 10% discount through British Cycling at some retailers and as Vlad says, currently 24% off all retailers. £20.90 for basic membership of British cycling so you effectively get another £70 off (£90 minus £20) leaving the actual price as £830. £170 cheaper than a Kickr. I called Evans just to check the product wasn't exempt for any reason and they confirmed it isn't. Not that I'll get it from Evans as they are going bump (aren't they?)

Ta to all.

Quote Originally Posted by LekyUK View Post
    Changed to Tacx Neo which has surprised me. All reviews seem to say its superior in quality and whilst heavier and less easy to move, I'm heavy and I wont be moving it.

Tip to anyone else: 10% discount through British Cycling at some retailers and as Vlad says, currently 24% off all retailers. £20.90 for basic membership of British cycling so you effectively get another £70 off (£90 minus £20) leaving the actual price as £830. £170 cheaper than a Kickr. I called Evans just to check the product wasn't exempt for any reason and they confirmed it isn't. Not that I'll get it from Evans as they are going bump (aren't they?)

Ta to all.
    Got that wrong... the £20 is for the benefits of British Cycling. So the actual price is £810, which is even better to justify to the Mrs!

I don't think Evans will go bump... there are offers on the table from other big retailers.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LekyUK View Post
    Hi,

After several years and several thousand miles on my current turbo trainer I've decided to take the plunge and get myself a Kickr (the one at £999). I know this is what I want and given my turbo mileage its more that justifiable to myself if not the wife and starving children.

I've got myself a 0% purchase credit card for 29 months but from what I can see, other than saving £10 as a new account holder (with Wiggle or Chainreaction) there are no other ways to save dosh or maximise other incentives (like Nectar Points). Does anyone have any ideas before I take the plunge?

I want to avoid secondhand/unknown dealers.

Ta

Leky
    Yep, refer a friend and get some deals that way through Wiggle. Apologies if too late!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."