Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

GripGrab Ride Waterproof Gloves

After the 'Beast from the East' last year, I realised my Santini (Prendas) Winter gloves were past their best. I think loads of wash cycles had damaged the seams. On one commute home into the Easterly, my hands gave up, never had pain from the cold like it. Couldn't change gear or brake, couldn't open my front door. Very painful indeed.

Anyways, enough back story. Bought these bad boys after reading some good reviews:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gripgrab-rid...?sku=100384138

Wore them today in 0c and they were super toasty, a noticeable improvement over my old gloves. Hands were a touch clammy but when aren't they in super warm gloves. Won't wear them in anything over 1-2c I reckon, will wear the old ones for that range up to 6-7c.

Can't comment on the waterproofing, time may well tell. But these Danish gloves are highly recommended.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I've yet to find a pair of gloves that are warm and truly waterproof over more than an hour and I've tried most - even ski gloves, but the best of those are too thick for cycling. I suffer from Reynaud's syndrome so my hands often go numb below 15C without long-finger protection and I get chilblains (even frostnip on occasion) with normal cycling gloves in really cold weather but my life saver was a pair of heated gloves from a Belgian company 30Seven which are good even if its freezing.

I have also found a pair of truly waterproof gloves - Dissent133 which are distributed by Hunt. They come as a layering system but I didn't find the underlayers very comfortable so only kept the waterproof outers which I wear over a normal pair of mitts when its not too cold and they also do a reasonable job of keeping my hands warm down to 10C.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 1st November 2018 at 10:59 AM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

The cooler temps are your kryptonite aren't they, CB! haha
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Used these yesterday for pretty much the first time, toastie warm in 0c with a nasty NW headwind. And dry in dome unforecast rain on the way home. Iím definitely impressed, hands do come out a touch clammy but guess thatís the case with all super warm gloves.
    Last edited by The return of Marty Wild; 10th January 2019 at 3:45 PM.

No longer available!!

Really? Maybe that's why I got them on deal, easily the best glove I have ever had. So recommend the company at least!

Always favoured neoprene gloves, slim fit and seem to keep my hands warm if I’m pushing a little. My Rapha pair the stitching fell apart, but my newer Assos pair are pretty dam dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid Paris View Post
    Always favoured neoprene gloves, slim fit and seem to keep my hands warm if I’m pushing a little. My Rapha pair the stitching fell apart, but my newer Assos pair are pretty dam dandy.
    Last year after a ride in literally freezing weather my hands were so cold they hurt. So, next time out I wore an old pair of surfing gloves which are of course neoprene and tight fitting. Perfect. Yes after a couple hours get a bit clammy but a quick wash and dry and good to go.
    All the gear and no idea.

Assoss, don't you have to sell a kidney to buy from them? haha