Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time

Blimey - Cyclists are really under FIRE.

Just read this on Cycling weekly and watched the video.

This is so crazy - Fookers need to be shot themselves.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/terrifying-video-shows-passenger-hit-cyclist-firework-moving-car-399217

https://www.facebook.com/nick.surty/...5865110731966/

"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Guess my hubby should feel lucky it was only a pumpkin that was thrown at him while he was cycling home last week.....

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Sickening.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Fair play though, it was a cracking shot.
    All the gear and no idea.

Lucky the perpetrators did not make a cardboard model of the hundreds of cyclists that die in road accidents each year, fire a rocket at that and have a good laugh while it burns. There would be a national outrage.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Dickheads and fireworks have never worked out too well together, but it seems to be getting worse. The fireworks themselves seem to be getting bigger and more destructive year on year, and the lure of 'sumfink that goes bang' is just too much temptation for some.

I personally think the purchase of fireworks should be subject to far stricter regulations. It's all very well restricting anyone under the age of 18 to buy them, but there's enough twats over that age who I wouldn't trust with a wet box of matches, let alone volatile explosives.

Then there's the animals to think of. A horse near Swansea died the other day after running around for hours from being panicked by the noise. I think more needs to be done to replace existing fireworks with low-noise alternatives.

There seems to be endless reports of dickheads setting off fireworks in residential streets at all times of the day. I've also read that some wankers have even opened passenger doors in cars and thrown lit ones inside. There's also been a case of thugs putting a lit firework in the clothing of a homeless person which resulted in great distress and injuries.

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with some people to think that kind of thing is ok to do?

I rode into Newport yesterday in order to take some photos of the riverfront area when it was lit up, and in between shots, I rode along the cycle path next to the river and just ahead of where I was riding, a rocket shot out over the river. It was just a metre or so above the ground! It was fortunate that no-one was in its path.

Again, what the fuck is wrong with some people?!?

When I was in NI in the 80's we would have large fireworks set of at us and low behold if we got the shields out and formed a wall - then it was like - "Let them have it" and they would be going opff all over us.

Bloody Irish.

But it was alsoo fun when we used to do the trg before the tours, we would be running around camp chasing people with rockets in our hands firing them at them as they ran away.

So, I can see where these louts get it from.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Speaking from experience .....firework sales should be banned unless for display.

confession time....when I was 14-15.... I saw a guy make a ninja flash bomb out of a mini rocket....cool I thought.
    so I tried it.....what resulted was a banger....fooking loud one...then I discovered you can make 2 bangers from one mini rocket
    and so I started....,buying packs of mini rockets cutting them open making twice as much and selling them .
    then one day a mate said let's all chip in and buy 3 packs of mini rockets ,(10 in a pack) .... and make one huge banger, we did and I made it joining the fuses together so I had about 1 min burn time to run.
    anyway we wedged them in the doors of the local youth club whilst bored ..yes the club was shut!!....lite it and watched from the park behind it....well
    first we saw the flash ....then a police panda car ...then a bang....then we never ran so fast into the woods....

oh oh yeah I was a hero for weeks at school

like I said sell them to displays only , coz at the end of the day most people are idiots

We just used to light a fire (on a local copse) then throw Butane canisters/Hair Spray/Deodorant etc on it and run....happy days

Blimey Ibbo - I just misread your post - I thought it said Corpse.

One year we sat in camp very b ored and the germans have a fondness of fire crackers, strings of little crackers that go bang.

So me and my mates brought a load and in my room we split the crackers down to single crackers by seperating them all and placing them in a large pile on the table.

As the day went on we must have had about, 5000 single crackers.

Then it came to night time and we started to light them and throw them out of the window to go bang. They all had a very small fuse length once seperated from the main fuse.

Yes - you gused it - one bounced on the window and came back and landed on the table and blew up before we could get it out the window. 4890 crackers then blew up in my room. Set of the fire alarms in camp - full block and camp evacuation due to the smoke and bangs, as they thought it was a gas leak and fire.

Got 2 weeks extra duties and had to repaint my room.

For years I was finding little red crackers in places around the room which brought a smile to my face each time.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss