Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Are PS2 worth the hype, Mr Boy?

Ive had PS3 and PSS, which I love. Think I’m going to get the 4s next time I need rubber.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Are PS2 worth the hype, Mr Boy?

Ive had PS3 and PSS, which I love. Think I’m going to get the 4s next time I need rubber.
    Yup, defo worth the hype. Great handling in wet and dry, long lasting too... rears only just gone, the fronts are still on 5-6mm after 14k miles.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I’ve “reserved” a pair from Halfords.My mate doesn’t know when they’re getting them but they’ll be going on the best bike anyway.They’ll be heavily discounted so worth a punt.If I get 2 for 1 I’ll be happy.If not I’ll see what deals are on for GP4000s.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Chain Reaction Cycles have the GP 5000 for sale now at £60.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/continental-grand-prix-5000-road-tyre/rp-prod179591?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium= email&utm_campaign=UK_IRE_SCAN_30_11_18_continenta l_tyres&utm_content=United+Kingdom&spMailingID=206 34550&spUserID=MzYxOTQxOTM5NzU5S0&spJobID=13818952 93&spReportId=MTM4MTg5NTI5MwS2
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Be interesting if their RRP holds after a few months on the market. I'm not sure how they can justify it, but 'on paper' it looks to be an improved tyre. I'm just not sure the price tag reflects what you're buying.

Imagine forking out the full list price and picking up a puncture on the first ride!

It will also be interesting to read the customer reviews, especially after winter to see how people got on with them. I'm not particularly interested in the 'paid for promotions' through magazines and YouTube channels as they do tend to dilute the facts in return for financial reward, which is questionable whenever and wherever that happens.
    Last edited by Nick1020; 1st December 2018 at 12:19 AM.

Yeah, YOU need to know the level of GRIP they have around left hand bends Dude !!!!
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Just bought some Conti 4 Seasons from Sigma Sport for £34 - quite timely really as I've just suffered my first puncture in 2 years on the GP 4000+ I was about to replace with them.

I had considered going tubeless for winter as well and had ordered some Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST with tubeless Yksion tyres but then cancelled the order, even though they were an absolute steal at £399 including tyres, because I'd just had a bad week in terms of takings. Now I have mixed feelings about whether I should have stuck with it as I've just had a good week but they are quite a bit heavier than the Ksyrium Pro SL they would have replaced and I've not sure about how the tyres would stand up to the winter roads - in theory they should be more puncture resistant being tubeless but expensive to replace if they get a major injury. Anyway its those wheels that now have the 4 seasons on so a weekend with shitty weather should be good to test the puncture resistant claims!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Yeah, YOU need to know the level of GRIP they have around left hand bends Dude !!!!
    I'm not the problem, the road surface needs to sort its shit out Vlad

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    I'm not the problem, the road surface needs to sort its shit out Vlad
    Hummm, reorder these little words to make a popular saying - Workman tools bad blames a his always. He he.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Hummm, reorder these little words to make a popular saying - Workman tools bad blames a his always. He he.
    A bad workman always blames his tools...and the road surface.

I like it.