Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    3kg of ballast, why not! haha
    Keeps him from jumping too high on his MTB.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Crikey -= I can find out how winter effects my body today - its now SNOWING here in Warwickshire. Slushy stuff, but still snow.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Crikey -= I can find out how winter effects my body today - its now SNOWING here in Warwickshire. Slushy stuff, but still snow.
    Its cold, dry, sunny and no wind here - great day to go out, albeit well wrapped up, but sadly I'm working!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Bit damp up here in the northern wastelands. Hopefully will be dry enough for a couple of hours after work.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Got down to -3.2c here in Cambridge overnight, dull and humid now. Wouldn’t get me going out unless it was a commute.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Dont think Nick will be going out for a while.

He crashed yesterday and broke his cheekbones and has some nice grazes to his face and concussion to match.

Blames his cheap tyres.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Took me racer to work, it's certainly gloves time, with the odd sheen of ice to contend with. Cloddy's doin' press up's just waitin' to burst through.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Dont think Nick will be going out for a while.

He crashed yesterday and broke his cheekbones and has some nice grazes to his face and concussion to match.

Blames his cheap tyres.
    Just got home.

Fractured cheekbone and fractured sphenoid lessor wing. May need surgery on the cheekbone, and will get an appointment for the maxillofacial clinic within a week. The doctor that reviewed the CT scan wasn't worried about the sphenoid lessor wing. It's just a small crack, but he has asked the neurosurgery team in Cardiff to have a look and if they are concerned, he will call me to go back.

Headache was biblical at times and whilst it's not as bad now, it bloody hurts still. Been told to expect concentration issues for a week which is the last thing I need with 2 assignments due in by the 29th. Think I'm going to have to get an extension for both. Got plenty of painkillers prescribed to keep me going and anti-biotics just in case, my cheek gets infected.

Paramedic who picked me up was absolutely stunning! A TNT driver had stopped to make sure I was ok along with someone else and as soon as the paramedic got out of the car, he said "tell her it's your groin"

One major annoyance was the fat pig in the bed opposite to me. He seemed pleasant enough at first, but he complained about everything behind the nurses backs. He ticked everything on the food menu and expected everything and kicked off when he was told he couldn't have it. Patients were waiting to be discharged and he was trying to rabble rouse them by saying things like 'why are they making you wait so long?' and crap like that. The doctors and nurses were working non-stop and when I left, there were 7 ambulances in the bays outside and I think some had patients inside waiting to come in! He also made some shitty comments about cyclists...I think he was trying to be funny, but it didn't help my opinion of him.

Was a good job I had my helmet on. I dread to think how it could have resulted without one.

This was me this morning:
    IMG-20181122-WA0000.jpg

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this, mate. What happened?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."