Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    If I were to design and put together my own frame, it would be made of human tears and look like that:

Attachment 2207
    I think the pointy bit at the bottom would prevent the bike rolling forward as its lower than the wheels. Maybe - cut it off a bit. Just saying.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Odd design, not just for practical reasons as pointed out by Vlad, but also as the pentagram has symbolic connections to the occult afaik.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I wanted an Aeroad, went to a proper Retul fitting and was told Aeroad is too low and stretched for my frame. Also got told of the shocking aftercare at Canyon, which is a known thing.

They fitted me up on their fancy algorithm and the V1-R came up a winner with only 10mm spacing. Got to say, loads of steering tube is a real turn off for me. That said, the Aero spacers you get these days look a lot better.

Anyways, bike was above budget but I do love it. It’s a Jack of all trades, nod to Aero, 6.7kg running 60mm rims. Supposedly Colnagos are built for longevity over all out light weight.

For the record, on my low end Domane, the moving seatpost in relation to the seat stays is a total gimmick. I believed the hype when I was running 35mm Thea, then I whacked on the same tyres as my V1-R and suddenly woke up. My V1-R is more compliant and comfy. Guess it could be to do with it being an Alu frame?! I’ll not buy Trek again though, only thing I like is the disc brakes.

When I last did the RL, I didn’t have a single pain or tired body part, never known anything like it. Was fresh as a daisy afters, proper comfort comes from a proper fitted frame and setup. So Ports, do your homework or let a Professinal help!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Odd design, not just for practical reasons as pointed out by Vlad, but also as the pentagram has symbolic connections to the occult afaik.
    You are correct, Sir. I am the Level 70 high priest of Satanism.

I am a bit worried, Nick. I think your usually razor sharp taking-the-piss sensors need recalibration as well. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I wanted an Aeroad, went to a proper Retul fitting and was told Aeroad is too low and stretched for my frame. Also got told of the shocking aftercare at Canyon, which is a known thing.

They fitted me up on their fancy algorithm and the V1-R came up a winner with only 10mm spacing. Got to say, loads of steering tube is a real turn off for me. That said, the Aero spacers you get these days look a lot better.

Anyways, bike was above budget but I do love it. It’s a Jack of all trades, nod to Aero, 6.7kg running 60mm rims. Supposedly Colnagos are built for longevity over all out light weight.

For the record, on my low end Domane, the moving seatpost in relation to the seat stays is a total gimmick. I believed the hype when I was running 35mm Thea, then I whacked on the same tyres as my V1-R and suddenly woke up. My V1-R is more compliant and comfy. Guess it could be to do with it being an Alu frame?! I’ll not buy Trek again though, only thing I like is the disc brakes.

When I last did the RL, I didn’t have a single pain or tired body part, never known anything like it. Was fresh as a daisy afters, proper comfort comes from a proper fitted frame and setup. So Ports, do your homework or let a Professinal help!
    That's true. When I bought my Ribble aero I was a newbie (not that I am a seasoned cyclist now) and as suggested by a subsequent bike fit, the frame was not the right size. Because Ribble would not accept my return as it was after the qualifying period I was stuck with the bike. The good thing was that being a newbie, all the stretching was still before me. Now that I am much more flexible, the bike feels comfortable even on longer rides (RL).

You are correct, Sir. I am the Level 70 high priest of Satanism.

I am a bit worried, Nick. I think your usually razor sharp taking-the-piss sensors need recalibration as well. Haha
    pmsl...perhaps another bump on the head is needed to get things working again?

That's true. When I bought my Ribble aero I was a newbie (not that I am a seasoned cyclist now) and as suggested by a subsequent bike fit, the frame was not the right size. Because Ribble would not accept my return as it was after the qualifying period I was stuck with the bike. The good thing was that being a newbie, all the stretching was still before me. Now that I am much more flexible, the bike feels comfortable even on longer rides (RL).
    I expect the choice of wheels don't help either

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    I expect the choice of wheels don't help either
    No, they don't. They and their rolling resistance are the only thing stopping me from getting KOMs Damn you, physics!

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    No, they don't. They and their rolling resistance are the only thing stopping me from getting KOMs Damn you, physics!
    Buy ROUND ones next time - they help!!
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Buy ROUND ones next time - they help!!

hmmm.... you might be onto something! Thanks