Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Member ibbo68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Interesting stuff. I’ve run the machine to remove residues but only dhdca cool quick wash. I then remove the detergent drawer. Then I crack in with Nikeax wash on a cool run.

    Not sure my Sportful clobber mentions iron it tumble though, need to check it out.
    Gore-Tex recommend a warm iron.
    E-Vent recommend a tumble dry.

    There are that many about now I don't know what they all say.Personally I use Gore-Tex garments as I've used them for years and know they work for me.
    The heat process,AFAIK is only needed on Hardshell Garments.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mr Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    City of Northern Lights
    Posts
    558
    The Perfetto is a great jacket. I have the one with the zip off sleeves. Recommend you wait to after Christmas Day and pick one up in the sales.

    i haven’t washed mine yet. Don’t use it on mucky club rides to avoid it getting dirty.

  3. #13
    Senior Member ibbo68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Q View Post
    The Perfetto is a great jacket. I have the one with the zip off sleeves. Recommend you wait to after Christmas Day and pick one up in the sales.
    i haven’t washed mine yet. Don’t use it on mucky club rides to avoid it getting dirty.
    I think she's already bought it
    I'll probably wear my CC short sleeve jersey over the top of it to keep it clean(ish)

  4. #14
    Senior Member coolboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Iver, Bucks
    Posts
    10,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    I'll probably wear my CC short sleeve jersey over the top of it to keep it clean(ish)
    Or you could always fit mudguards!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

  5. #15
    Senior Member ibbo68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Or you could always fit mudguards!
    Never.....
    One of the CCs I was,until recently,a member of pretty much insisted on them for Autumn/Winter club runs...so I didn't ride with them at that time of year.
    I ride my CX bike in Winter and I tend to do a fair bit of Trans-Pennine Trail riding with the lad so I'd be taking them off/refitting so I just don't bother!

  6. #16
    Senior Member coolboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Iver, Bucks
    Posts
    10,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    Never.....
    One of the CCs I was,until recently,a member of pretty much insisted on them for Autumn/Winter club runs...so I didn't ride with them at that time of year.
    I ride my CX bike in Winter and I tend to do a fair bit of Trans-Pennine Trail riding with the lad so I'd be taking them off/refitting so I just don't bother!
    My winter/commuting/touring road bike has proper guards fitted permanently, summer/dry weather bike doesn't, CX bike doesn't but I tend not to ride it in filthy conditions, MTB has clip-on splash guards or rather had until they broke but I rarely ride it these days.

    If you like getting soaking wet/covered in grime its your choice, its not mine.

    One of my cycling mates had a discussion with another cyclist who had told him mudguards were just not cool to which he replied, 'so you think having shit sprayed all up your back is'?
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

  7. #17
    Senior Member ibbo68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,187
    Getting covered in shite was all part of the fun when mountain biking.Nothing looks worse than an MTB with mudguards.
    I might be tempted to fit one of those Ass-saver things but am sceptical to their effectiveness?
    The CC I mentioned who pretty much insisted on them was more concerned about spray to fellow riders than shit up your on back!
    Last edited by ibbo68; 15th December 2018 at 3:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •