Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mucus production while training

Whenever I train on a bike (outdoors/indoors/Summer/Winter) I've got lots of mucus collecting in my nose. As far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything.
    One of the TrainerRoad guys talks about a similar thing on their podcast and recommends Ipratropium
    https://youtu.be/eTsdfzxr3Pk?t=3641

Do you all experience increased mucus production while training?
    Has anyone used Ipratropium?

My view is that it's the body trying to get rid of some crap. Let it - snot it out!

I get mucus build up in my upper airways when exercising. I've always considered it a normal response to exercise.

I see professional sports athletes spitting during exercise on telly, and whilst the anti-football brigade try their best to suggest it's only footballers that spit, that is total crap. I have to spit or clear my nose occaisionally when I'm on the road...but I always shoulder check before clearing out my nose and I try to aim spit into bushes or drains. When I set the turbo trainer up, I usually get a few sheets of kitchen towell to either clear my nose or spit into.

How I dream of blowing my nose at the moment. I'm under strict instructions not to blow my left nostril, because my cheekbone fractured into my sinus. I've been told if I fully blow my nose, air will escape through into the cheek and inflate my face! Been advised to avoid sneezing too. Half tempted to see what it would look like if I blow my nose though

I've read that allergies and some food intolerances such as dairy may contribute to the build up with some people.

Whenever I cycle outdoors or in, I have a hanky with me. Even if I have not even the slightest sniffle, when I ride/exercise I'm producing stuff from the old snozzle. You guys should try surfing, the amount of water that gets in the sinuses, nose etc ensures a running nose for hours after.
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Get it more outside then in. A good snotbomb takes care of it though.

Its just your body getting rid of crap and is perfectly natural.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    r

How I dream of blowing my nose at the moment. I'm under strict instructions not to blow my left nostril, because my cheekbone fractured into my sinus. I've been told if I fully blow my nose, air will escape through into the cheek and inflate my face! Been advised to avoid sneezing too. Half tempted to see what it would look like if I blow my nose though

Do it....I'll give ya a tenner

Alright... it's not just me then. It's annoying though.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I only get it at winter. Quick toot on each nostril, football style cures what ails ya.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Inhale it...it's a free drink

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    Inhale it...it's a free drink
    Happy to share