Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoty

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    I still don't get the personality attacks on Froome. If anything, he has what, imo, is the epitome of personality and class.
    This is the problem - most SPOTY voters don't see a quiet, intelligent, unassuming personality and class as an attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    As for comments that he's Kenyan, yes he was born there to British parents. I can't see the problem with that. It's not the result of some tenuous residency link you sometimes see in rugby. He is British, except he was born overseas.
    Agreed, indeed Wiggo being born in Belgium with an Australian father is less British.

The greatest revelation for me was Tyson Fury. I had always dismissed him as a classless, brainless, pikie thug who I hoped would lose but in his speech he came over as, if not exactly intelligent, at least thoughtful, respectful and vulnerable. He has gone up immensely in my estimation.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    This is the problem - most SPOTY voters don't see a quiet, intelligent, unassuming personality and class as an attribute.

Agreed, indeed Wiggo being born in Belgium with an Australian father is less British.

The greatest revelation for me was Tyson Fury. I had always dismissed him as a classless, brainless, pikie thug who I hoped would lose but in his speech he came over as, if not exactly intelligent, at least thoughtful, respectful and vulnerable. He has gone up immensely in my estimation.
    Fury is certainly coming across as a lot more likeable these days. It remains to be seen if he has really changed some of the rather bigoted views that he openly shared previously, or whether he is just more media savvy. He does seem a lot happier of late, so maybe he has had some kind of epiphany?

Me too. I still hope AJ beats them all but in fairness Fury not as bad as initially seemed. Either that or his PR team have been working overtime.
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Either that or his PR team have been working overtime.
    My money is on this.

Nah, he found The Lord Jesus who saved him from himself. And that concludes my one and only personal post.

Being a full uk taxpayer should be a prerequisite of nomination.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    ..and the presenters

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    There'd be no one to nominate