Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad Friday

Mad Friday

Well today is Mad Friday...or should be for those of us without Kids/responsibilities..WTF has happened to it?
    I haven't done a "Mad Friday" since 2001 but from 1984-2001 it was an absolute must.Straight to the pub at 11:00,then beer at home when the pubs shut at 15:30(remember the old days) then back into Town for 18:00....Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley were buzzing....
    Just been into Town(Barnsley) and it's deadPubs are empty.

Is it due to longer opening hours,Booze too expensive?Kids these days don't seem to go out until 10pm

I was looking forward to doing MF when the kids have flown the nest(I'll be 58 but should still have some life in me) but it looks like it might have disappeared by then

Pubs in the 80s/90s might have been shit-holes but they were full shit-holes and I'd sooner have them than all the crappy "Bars" that stand empty in town now

Merry F*"%$&^* Christmas

Indeed, used to do the same myself many moons ago, all day session on Friday. Those days long gone although it is my works "do" tonight so probably have a half of shandy or similar .
    All the gear and no idea.

I used to have mad Friday...every Friday ....kid put a stop to that ...can't be bothered no more and I'm only 46

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I used to have mad Friday...every Friday ....kid put a stop to that ...can't be bothered no more and I'm only 46
    For some reasons, I thought you were younger than me Boxie.

That explains the average speed then

Known as black eye Friday this way. Had our Xmas do in London a couple of weeks back. Meal at the First dates restaurant and a jaunt around Covent Garden Soho etc. Then a lap club Still got the moves just takes a full two days recovery nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid Paris View Post
    Known as black eye Friday this way. Had our Xmas do in London a couple of weeks back. Meal at the First dates restaurant and a jaunt around Covent Garden Soho etc. Then a lap club Still got the moves just takes a full two days recovery nowadays.
    I think at a lap dancing club the girls are meant to move and the punters sit and watch but then again, maybe I'm behind the times
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    For some reasons, I thought you were younger than me Boxie.

That explains the average speed then
    cheeky c#%t

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid Paris View Post
    I hope it wasn't spearmint rhino.....I went there once....what a crap night out...the girls had smelly breath....I had to make my excuses and leave during a private dance...

cheeky c#%t

You know I love you mate

I hope it wasn't spearmint rhino.....I went there once....what a crap night out...the girls had smelly breath....I had to make my excuses and leave during a private dance...
    Went to real dingy strip club once in the City of London..probably over 20 years ago now. It was a right dive, and not the kind of establishment you would expect to see so close to the City. Nags Head I think it was. Anyway, I was with one of my brothers and some work mates, plus my brother had his dog with him. It was mid afternoon so they let us in with the dog which was a result. We grabbed a pint, and before long a girl came up and started to dance in front of us. She went into a reverse crab position showing off her assets and my brothers dog went up and sniffed her fanny! Poor girl got the right hump, said she didn't have to put up with that and stormed off. We were in proper hysterics and were then asked to leave. We could barely contain ourselves walking down the street outside. Fack knows what people thought who saw us?!

It still brings a tear to my eye to think about it now

Ha ha ha....imagine if it happened now and you videoed it