Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RoadGrandTours

RoadGrandTours

Statement on RGT Facebook page:-
    The final update of the RGT beta will be going live soon and it will introduce Group Rides as a new type of event, besides the existing Races. Which will work on any road, btw.. circuits and A-to-B routes. This marks the end of the RGT beta and before I tell you more about what's coming in 2019, I'd like to extend a massive Thank You to all of you that contributed by testing, sending us feedback or just using RGT - we couldn't have gotten here without you.

This coming January we're launching the first real virtual cycling platform. An open platform built to make sure every cyclist out there has access to amazing virtual cycling experiences. A platform you can make your own by always choosing from new content and events those that you find interesting, just like you choose the apps you're using on your phone. A platform where the cycling community and industry can easily create and publish new virtual cycling content and experiences.

Over the course of the RGT beta we've collected a lot of feedback and ideas, enough for many years of development. We'll always listen to your feedback and to make sure we prioritize it all as fairly and efficiently as possible, we'd like to start by doing what John called "structured research". Over the next few weeks Lucian will organize a series of interviews to listen carefully to everything you have to say about RGT. He's new to the community, please welcome him and take this opportunity to have your say on both the development and business side of RGT.
    Thank you again, enjoy the holidays and stay tuned for January.
    Interesting......

Sounds good

So what do you all want from rgt, its fair to say we probably all have a slightly different take on what our ideal virtual cycling platform is, some will be happy with just riding on famous climbs or roads, others want workouts and ways to keep them interested in training hard through the winter... then there are those that want racing.... but there are soo many nuances from each section that it can be difficult to really know what the priorities are, and that is why RGT have taken the bold step to engage with you on a personal level for around an hour to really get an idea what its users yep that's you, want from them.
    I know its difficult this time of year with all the various family obligations to workout if you will be free for one of the upcoming sessions but if you can it would be great for rgt to hear what you have to say personally...
    Knowing how many of you have a lot to say about such things I am surprised theres still spaces
    Click the link in Lucian Gramescu's posts and find yourself a spot!... just make sure you make notes prior so you don't forget anything important you wanted to tell RGT.
    Also looks like they're compiling some sort of questionnaire to add to the interview sessions.
    RGT really seem to be wanting to create something a bit different
    As it's supposed to go live in January I'm assuming it will be a basic platform with ongoing upgrades?

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Then a monthly cost! - My only bugbear about RGT is the shortness of the routes. If they did routes of about 20 miles then that would be fine, and I don't mean just up the side of a bloody mountain - not everyone is a damn goat.

With Zwift doing some new things in the new year then I'm staying with it for the time being.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Then a monthly cost! - My only bugbear about RGT is the shortness of the routes. If they did routes of about 20 miles then that would be fine, and I don't mean just up the side of a bloody mountain - not everyone is a damn goat.

With Zwift doing some new things in the new year then I'm staying with it for the time being.
    That's the whole point of this.RGT is going to be totally user friendly.YOU choose what you want to ride.The Beta version does have limited short rides but that is about to change.They're asking what people want and you will be able to customise rides to suit you.
    This coming January we're launching the first real virtual cycling platform. An open platform built to make sure every cyclist out there has access to amazing virtual cycling experiences. A platform you can make your own by always choosing from new content and events those that you find interesting, just like you choose the apps you're using on your phone. A platform where the cycling community and industry can easily create and publish new virtual cycling content and experiences.
    If they deliver what they seem to be promising then it will be a completely different virtual platform!!
    Zwift is stuck in it's own arse and seems to just continue down the same route ie creating "new" stuff which isn't really "new" but just a re-jig of what is already there.RGT seem to be going in a different direction.
    I jumped on board Zwift really early on and TBH it was OK at first but hasn't really evolved as it had the potential to do.There's a gap in the market and RGT look like they want to fill it.
    I jumped on RGT early on too.....lets see if in two years time I jump off as I have done with Zwift

I still haven't started my trial of Rouvy either yet.....

Well - what else can you do - its a road surface and it goes up and down and around bends etc.

Its up to the rider to ride the routes as he wants.

Zwift has roads and circuits and different worlds and soon you can choose your world to cycle. It also has training programmes for short term and long term training.

Its fine as it is and yes more roads are required - but they are working on new stuff.

RGT has shorter routes up famous climbs that people know.

The Elite training package has REAL VIDEO footage and programmed to GPS so you can ride at your own speed watching the real video of the route and feel the changes in % up and down on smart trainer.

They have the clasic mountains and also longer routes from the Giro and TDF and also the classics.

Then people can also upload their own recorded videos to ride and you can download them as well.

In my opinion - better than zwift and RGT as its real video footage not computer generated pixels. - only downfall is that you ride alone.

The world aint great and there are plenty of companies out there that do these programmes - but no matter what - they all beat PELOTON BIKE.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    The Elite training package has REAL VIDEO footage and programmed to GPS so you can ride at your own speed watching the real video of the route and feel the changes in % up and down on smart trainer.
    They have the clasic mountains and also longer routes from the Giro and TDF and also the classics.
    Then people can also upload their own recorded videos to ride and you can download them as well.
    In my opinion - better than zwift and RGT as its real video footage not computer generated pixels. - only downfall is that you ride alone.
    Tacx have done the real video thing for years but it was always expensive as you had to buy each route.I sold my old Tacx with the Video software about 7 years ago as it was 10 per route at that time.
    BigRingVR and Rouvy now do this and it's about 8pm and they have 2000+ routes to choose from....as for riding alone...not a problem really in fact I prefer that on the Turbo.I too prefer that to the virtual stuff but am willing to see what RGT come up with as the Zwift format is old and stale now.I still haven't decided whether to subscribe to BigRingVR or Rouvy yet but will keep RGT in mind as a second option.....if the pricing and format are what I want.
    Gradually all of my CC mates are dumping Zwift and going back to TrainerRoad or Sufferfest so there's even less inclination for me to go back to Zwift.Oddly the ones who are staying on Zwift(for now) are my age or older and I'd have thought it'd have been the younger gaming generation who'd have stayed with itHaving said that the one's who are staying are new to Zwift and STs in general so it's all fresh to them

....and yes they are all better than Peloton
    Last edited by ibbo68; 2 Weeks Ago at 5:09 PM.

I only use the TT when it gets like this anyway:-

Still outdoor cycling weather up to now

I have to ride alone on my trainer also - its not a Tandem !!!
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post

....and yes they are all better than Peloton
    Peloton can feck off, for even thinking about trying to trade mark the word Peloton.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone